Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dancing fools at our nations monuments, ugliness follows...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dancing fools at our nations monuments, ugliness follows...

This one gave that "wtf?" moment that confirms how nuts people are.

In 2008, a group of about 20 D.C. residents gathered at the Jefferson Memorial for a silent midnight flash mob to celebrate the former president’s birthday.

Park police promptly ejected the group, with one officer telling them: “You are dancing in here! That’s disorderly!” A participant, Brooke Oberwetter, was arrested and held for several hours. Oberwetter later filed suit against the arresting officer.

Today, the U.S. Court of Appeals upheld the ban on dancing in the memorial, according to local blog the DCist. Judge Thomas B. Griffith wrote:

[Dancing in the memorial is] prohibited because it stands out as a type of performance, creating its own center of attention and distracting from the atmosphere of solemn commemoration that the Regulations are designed to preserve.

As the flash mob was being ejected in 2008, a participant looked at the Jefferson Memorial wall and muttered, “Not exactly what’s written on the wall.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...J15G_blog.html

OK, so that was that. Then a handful of people show up to protest the above (because people will protest damn near anything it appears), and this is what followed:

As expected, the police are now being called Nazi's and baby eaters and such. What other tactics should these guys have used knowing full well they were being set up?

More on this story from a clearly biased position:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...kFH_story.html
    - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Your a little late to the party...Don't worry I saved you a beer,

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...t=#post2770637
    Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

Originally posted by Buffaloboy View Post
      Your a little late to the party...Don't worry I saved you a beer,

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...t=#post2770637
      I tried searching and didn't turn up anything. Oh well...
      - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

They are back and going to do it again at noon today.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=109&sid=2409658

Check out the facebook link

http://jeffersondanceparty.info/

Watch it live
        It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

Watching the idiot doing the live stream. He tired to bully a Park Police, the officer just ignored him. I would hate to be there.
          It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

Comment

I am not opposed to people dancing at monuments such as the Jefferson Memorial. However, since the ban was upheld by the appeals court, the protestors should have honored that and not danced. They took the gamble of being arrested. However, if I were at the memorial and someone was dancing, it wouldn't upset me.
            Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired View Post
              I am not opposed to people dancing at monuments such as the Jefferson Memorial. .
              Have you seen this vid?

If I was there with family, would a large group of dancing idiots infringe on my ability to enjoy it? Yes it would. The court ruled correctly in my view.
              - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Originally posted by WillBrink View Post
                Have you seen this vid?

If I was there with family, would a large group of dancing idiots infringe on my ability to enjoy it? Yes it would. The court ruled correctly in my view.
                If you agree with the court decision, that is your choice, and far be it for me to criticize your opinion. As far as those dancing fools, These days I have more ability to ignore them then I did while I was still working. I don't let much bother me these days.

Should they be dancing there? Of course not, there is a law against it and a court decision upholding the law. Personally while they can be disturbing to some, I find parents that allow a group of young kids, screaming and running all over the place with no supervision almost just as annoying.
                Retired

Comment

I find parents that allow a group of young kids, screaming and running all over the place with no supervision almost just as annoying.
                  You won't get any arguments from me there!
                  - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

I doesnt matter whatr our opinions are in reference to the ban on dancing at the memorial. The fact remains that the ban was upheld, the people were warned and they decided to dance anyway. I dont see any problem here with what the officers did. They were more than patient and used the proper amount of force.
                    John 3:16

Comment

^^^^^and...
                      the fact that these dirty hippies are doing it JUST TO GET ATTENTION, (much like certain OC'ers). THE STREET IS NOT THE PLACE TO "FIGHT"...if you wanna dance then lobby, run for office, etc..to change the law, but dont be an ***hat when told to stop, as legally justifiable by LEOs

oh and notice the "code pink" shirt on the first dancing idiot??? doosh
                      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                      The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                      sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

I am not opposed to people dancing at monuments such as the Jefferson Memorial. .
                        I am, I think it's completely disrespectful to dance in a MEMORIAL.

Some things are still sacred...we're not all living in the 'relative' world of these hippies.

Comment

Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post

Some things are still sacred...we're not all living in the 'relative' world of these hippies.

+1

Comment

Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post

I have no problem with you thinking it is disrespectful, that is your choice. I have my opinion.
                            Retired

Comment

If they think the law is unjust and they wish to challenge it, fine. Go ahead and dance knowing you are going to be arrested. However, if you are going to be arrested, don't resist and put yourself and the officer at risk of getting hurt. He/she is just doing their job. The charge for peace disturbance/public demonstration or whatever it is may or may not stick, but the charge of resisting arrest certainly will. Idiots.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3190 users online. 148 members and 3042 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X