300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makes me Sick

Massachusetts Trooper Ellen E. Engelhardt, who was left in a permanent vegetative state after being struck by a drunk driver in 2003, has died, State Police said today.

"It is with profound sadness that we mourn the loss of Trooper Ellen Engelhardt, who was not just a valued colleague but also a dear friend who dedicated her career to protecting the citizens of our state. Since suffering the tragic injuries inflicted upon her in the line of duty by a drunk driver, Trooper Engelhardt has been an inspiration to every member of this Department for the courage, grace and dignity with which she lived," Colonel Marian J. McGovern, the superintendent of the State Police, said in a statement.

Engelhardt was injured when a car traveling at nearly 100 miles per hour slammed into her cruiser, which was parked in the breakdown lane of Route 25 in Wareham.

The drunk driver, William P. Senne, who was 18 at the time of the crash, was sentenced in 2005 to 2 1/2 years in the Plymouth County House of Correction. (SENNE ONLY SERVED 12 MOS. OF THIS SENTENCE AND NOW HE IS A REAL ESTATE AGENT IN BOSTON. ABSOUTELY DISGUSTING.)

State Police said Engelhardt suffered "traumatic and life-altering injuries" in the crash on July 26, 2003. Her death is considered a "line-of-duty" death, and she is the 32nd member of the force to be killed in the line of duty since the agency's founding.

THIS PICTURE BELOW of TROOPER ENGELHARDT, IS THE ONE THAT BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES WHEN I SAW IT.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...ed_ex_trooper/
    Everybody counts or no one counts.
    -Harry Bosch

Some of you may remember that in my early days I was sort of a bleeding heart liberal. Then I became a man and put away childish things.
    -Ronald Reagan

2.5 years for DUI, Underage DUI and hitting a police officer causing extreme injuries!!!!! WTF is our court system thinking!!?? RIP trooper. My karma come back to bite the guy who hit her in the rear end!
    "I'm sorry, did you see my care face? Because I'm pretty sure I didn't show it to you becuase I DON'T care. Have a nice day. "

Comment

RIP Trooper Engelhardt. Just sickening.

Comment

This is beyond wrong. RIP.

Comment

Glad you put a face to it. I didn't see it the first time.

Comment

Sad in a few ways. The driver really killed her when he hit her and should have served more time. The family kept her alive for their personal reasons and that is their right but if I am in that like that my family knows I don't want to be kept alive.

I wonder how the driver that killed her feels today? His life is going on like nothing happened.
            It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5776 users online. 343 members and 5433 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X