Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

***hat of the year.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ***hat of the year.

    http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/art...cc4c002e0.html

    WATERLOO, Iowa --- A Waterloo woman was arrested Tuesday after she allegedly drove over a curb and intentionally struck a baby in a stroller.

    Tiffany Patrice Sykes, 22, of 1622 Heath St., bonded out of jail early Wednesday from the Black Hawk County Jail on charges of going armed with intent, failure to leave information and aid at a personal injury accident, reckless driving and driving while her license was suspended.

    Police responded to the incident about 8:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of Baltimore Street. The initial report was that there had been a traffic accident involving a child in a stroller.

    Officers arrived and found that a vehicle had driven over the curb and struck a 1-year-old baby boy in a stroller. Waterloo Fire Rescue took the baby to Covenant Medical Center where he was admitted for observation.

    During the investigation, police found that the driver had intentionally driven over the curb several times before striking the baby. The driver had been in a physical altercation with several people before getting into her car and driving at them. After striking the baby, the driver drove away from the scene.

    Sykes later turned herself in at the Waterloo Police Department.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

    My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

  • #2
    Wow thats terrible!! Its bad enough to read when someone intentionally hits a person with a vehicle but hitting an innocent baby in a stroller?!?!?! That raises the bar a little more.

    Comment


    • #3
      Great. She tries to kill a baby and they suspend her license for a little bit. Awesome solution, can't wait to have her back on the road.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Fëanor View Post
        Great. She tries to kill a baby and they suspend her license for a little bit. Awesome solution, can't wait to have her back on the road.
        No?

        She is charged with, along with many other charges, driving on a suspended license, meaning she was suspended when she ran the curb.

        Comment


        • #5
          Good the thing the baby is doing alright.
          Life is what you make of it

          Comment


          • #6
            I saw this and thought it might have been a Bosnian chick as the mother.......

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Fëanor View Post
              Great. She tries to kill a baby and they suspend her license for a little bit. Awesome solution, can't wait to have her back on the road.
              Go re-read the article. I think your reading comprehension is a bit lacking.
              MAC

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mac266 View Post
                Go re-read the article. I think your reading comprehension is a bit lacking.
                It is....as usual.......

                Comment


                • #9
                  Agg assault all day long in my book...
                  Originally posted by Ceridwen
                  Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                    I saw this and thought it might have been a Bosnian chick as the mother.......
                    Lets just say the Sykes name is very well known in Eastern Iowa Law Enforcement. On my FB page, Drug Unit Supervisors from 2 different agencies commented on that article.

                    But I know what/who you were referencing
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

                    My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Fëanor View Post
                      Great. She tries to kill a baby and they suspend her license for a little bit. Awesome solution, can't wait to have her back on the road.
                      Originally posted by mp1161 View Post
                      No?

                      She is charged with, along with many other charges, driving on a suspended license, meaning she was suspended when she ran the curb.
                      Originally posted by mac266 View Post
                      Go re-read the article. I think your reading comprehension is a bit lacking.
                      Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                      It is....as usual.......
                      Typical of this Fëanor character.
                      The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You guys are right, I mis-read the article. Glad I have so many fans ;-)

                        Either way no punishment was mentioned. She was released on bond which is what caused my frustration. Nothing is being done at this point to stop her. She could do the same thing tomorrow.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Fëanor View Post
                          You guys are right, I mis-read the article. Glad I have so many fans ;-)

                          Either way no punishment was mentioned. She was released on bond which is what caused my frustration. Nothing is being done at this point to stop her. She could do the same thing tomorrow.

                          Bond is only required in order to assure the subject will be available for later trial. Bond is not used as punishment or "making sure the person doesn't commit another crime"

                          In Iowa there is NO CRIME that is not bondable ...........including mass murder.

                          Misdemeanor crimes (such as this one) have a set by legislature bond schedule.........
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

                          My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Fëanor View Post
                            You guys are right, I mis-read the article. Glad I have so many fans ;-)

                            Either way no punishment was mentioned. She was released on bond which is what caused my frustration. Nothing is being done at this point to stop her. She could do the same thing tomorrow.
                            Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                            Bond is only required in order to assure the subject will be available for later trial. Bond is not used as punishment or "making sure the person doesn't commit another crime"

                            In Iowa there is NO CRIME that is not bondable ...........including mass murder.

                            Misdemeanor crimes (such as this one) have a set by legislature bond schedule.........
                            Fëanor, but ofcourse this you knew too, right? Between misreading articles and misquoting people, on top of your own opinions on how everything should be handled, coming from no law enforcement experience, maybe you should practice your reading comprehension before replying to all the posts.

                            Iowa #1603, I get what your saying, however, there is NO crime that someone cannot post bond on??? Thats crazy!! We have multiple crimes that have no bail/no bond, on top of the Judge's decision on other cases/crimes ofcourse. Hopefully they have an incredible high bond for certain crimes, mass murder for example.
                            The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MRRBEST View Post

                              Iowa #1603, I get what your saying, however, there is NO crime that someone cannot post bond on??? Thats crazy!! We have multiple crimes that have no bail/no bond, on top of the Judge's decision on other cases/crimes ofcourse. Hopefully they have an incredible high bond for certain crimes, mass murder for example.
                              ABSOLUTELY true...........................All arrests are bailable.

                              The common bail for 1st Degree Murder is $1,000,000 per victim. Lets just say for grins that Donald Trump was arrested for Murder in Iowa................in order to assure his presence for further proceedings the judge could (and WOULD) adjust that 1 Million upward to a point that would make jumping bail ------inconvenient.

                              The judge also has the option of making a CASH ONLY bond..............
                              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

                              My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4699 users online. 283 members and 4416 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X