Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protesters that Annoy Me

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Protesters that Annoy Me

    One could argue that all protesters are a pain, but if you're going to go somewhere and protest, at least be an adult enough to not play stupid I'm Not Protesting games when you get caught. How about some personal responsibility?

    Watch for few minutes of this video of protesters at the Jefferson Memorial. The couple who are dancing together and acting like they're innocent just ticks me off. I can't tell you how many people who I have run into at work and in my personal life who do the same thing, and it just angers me.

    The video is long, but about halfway through, it just starts over with a different camera angle.

    “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

  • #2
    I wanted to punch the guy who kept saying "you didn't give me a warning, man." The officer warned the entire group of them about 5 times that they were going to be arrested if they continue.

    The Jefferson Memorial is supposed to be a quiet, serene place memorializing one of our nation's founding fathers. Some people have no respect. If they wanted to dance, they can take it outside. It also irritates the hellll out of me that the other people in the group started dancing just because the officer told them it was not ok. Ugh,, some people.
    Everybody counts or no one counts.
    -Harry Bosch



    Some of you may remember that in my early days I was sort of a bleeding heart liberal. Then I became a man and put away childish things.
    -Ronald Reagan

    Comment


    • #3
      " Hey man, thats my sore shoulder.", " You cant do this, you didnt warn me." What a bunch of tools.................

      Comment


      • #4
        The real irony of this situation is that it is the federal government who has danced on the grave of Jeffersonian principles of government.

        Comment


        • #5
          ^^^ So I am guessing you were one of the protesters in the background.
          Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.


          We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

          Comment


          • #6
            There was some good parts cut out when it was on the hews. The news made PP look bad.
            It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan


            TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

            Comment


            • #7
              I saw a code pink t-shirt and was instantly disappointed that more force was not applied to gain compliance.
              The beatings will continue until morale improves.

              Originally posted by jcioccke
              After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

              Comment


              • #8
                I guess we need our government permits to protest in groups of 3 or more people or dance in public.

                Comment


                • #9
                  .




                  .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by HEDP View Post
                    .




                    .
                    Lol. That made my night suck a little bit less.
                    Originally posted by Ceridwen
                    Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 10-7Alpha View Post
                      I saw a code pink t-shirt and was instantly disappointed that more force was not applied to gain compliance.
                      I thought exactly the same thing. I live in the DC area and it IS against the law to dance in the memorials, because it takes away from the somber atmosphere the Jefferson Memorial for example is trying to project.

                      Watching the video...I just wanted to jump through it and smack that little sh** Adam Kokesh.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        What I don't get is all these people that are all bent out of shape that the Park Police were enforcing the no dancing law. If people are so in favor of dancing at memorials why don't they take out their anger at the legislators?

                        The police are going to enforce the law...if you don't comply they aren't just going to walk away, they'll make you comply...

                        Anyway, they showed up to dance because they knew it was illegal and wanted to get arrested.

                        I'm so glad people are sticking up for my right to dance at memorials...give me a break! Looks like Adam Kokesh is living a hard life at the hands of abusive government.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CvilleBucknut View Post
                          What I don't get is all these people that are all bent out of shape that the Park Police were enforcing the no dancing law. If people are so in favor of dancing at memorials why don't they take out their anger at the legislators?

                          The police are going to enforce the law...if you don't comply they aren't just going to walk away, they'll make you comply...

                          Anyway, they showed up to dance because they knew it was illegal and wanted to get arrested.

                          I'm so glad people are sticking up for my right to dance at memorials...give me a break! Looks like Adam Kokesh is living a hard life at the hands of abusive government.
                          Cues they think the cops make the laws... cues its a police state.. oh wait, no its not, we have a congress. To bad their brains are to small to realize that.
                          Semper Paratus/Always Ready
                          Originally posted by jakflak
                          The bottom line: always be nice to the magic voice. All hail the magic voice!!
                          Originally posted by Michigan
                          I have a 1 year old daughter and at this rate I'm almost certain I'm going to end up in prison by the time she's 15 years old. I swear, the first guy that that comes knocking on my door holding onto a naked photo of my daughter.....

                          Don't bother telling me, "oh it's her fault too".... I know, I have double standards. Deal with it.

                          : )

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Respect? People are walking around in shorts, t-shirts, flip-flops, tank-tops etc. Should those people be arrested for being disrespectful? I agree the police are just doing their job and enforcing the law, but that doesn't make the law correct.

                            Civil disobedience is a valid way to affect change in the law. This gets a lot more interest than, "People politely phone their congressman to ask if he could maybe please take a look into public dancing at his earliest convenience."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dm46 View Post
                              Respect? People are walking around in shorts, t-shirts, flip-flops, tank-tops etc. Should those people be arrested for being disrespectful? I agree the police are just doing their job and enforcing the law, but that doesn't make the law correct.

                              Civil disobedience is a valid way to affect change in the law. This gets a lot more interest than, "People politely phone their congressman to ask if he could maybe please take a look into public dancing at his earliest convenience."
                              It also gets you a lot more noticed by the police. And I support them. Those protestors didn't care about the vacations they had ruined for some of those tourists, did they? You know, I live in the area and go down to the Mall alot....and I overhear people talking about how they could never afford to visit DC for so many years and were finally there to see all the amazing historical things to see. Did those protestors ever think about that? Can you spell BRATS?

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 6432 users online. 362 members and 6070 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X