Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big star decal obscuring license plate # ?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big star decal obscuring license plate # ?

I saw a lic plate this weekend in Angola, IN. The vehicle was a blazer, it had a decal on the rear window with a star shape, said "in memory of.....". Then there was a star stuck over the lic plate number too (Ohio plate), partially obscuring some of the digits. I did not look really closely at the decal...but the star shape was 5 pointed, like a sherrifs badge ?

I can understand the decal on the window....but why obscure your lic number ?

Bill
    Last edited by willbird; 05-29-2011, 08:09 AM.
    Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Don't know about IN but it is a violation of law in CA to obscure a license plate. I know of no state where it is legal - including IN.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

I have seen them on the bottom or the corner of the plate, and pretty much though what Lawdawg said. But I never saw one OVER the plate number. I almost snapped a cellphone pic, but decided not to. The thing that gets me, if your vehicle was stolen wouldn't you want the number to be visible ? They have a plate scanner on the entry gate to the Ohio turnpike (not sure if it reads front and back plates both, or just back) and it HAS alerted them to stolen vehicles entering...leading to a fairly speedy apprehension of the vehicle.

Bill
      Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

The owner should have known better.

That said, it might be someone who recently became a gold star mother/father.
        This Space For Rent

Comment

That's a big thing in PA, seems like every FOP emblem I see is obscures part of the plate.

Comment

Last I knew, FOP Emblams for license plates had a mounting bar to avoid obscuring the plate itself.

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6293 users online. 358 members and 5935 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X