Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you shoot more if you didn't have to clean your guns?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you shoot more if you didn't have to clean your guns?

I hate cleaning my guns. It is one of the reasons I don't shoot a ton (other then price and a place to shoot).

I know that some people love cleaning their guns and even find it cathartic, similar to those who enjoy mowing their lawn.

Who here would shoot a lot more if you didn't have to clean your guns afterwards? (Going with the premise that ammo and a place to shoot are of no consequence.)

yes, yes, and YES! I absolutely hate cleaning my guns.

And I hate mowing the lawn.

Comment

Of my four brothers, two of them seem to love cleaning guns. So I tend to go to the range with them so I can let them clean all the guns we used after! I don't hate it, but it's not among my favorite thing to do!
      "Of course America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up."

Comment

Love the smell of Hoppes.............................so I don't mind cleaning my gun.

Part of cleaning it...is checking for malfunctions and insuring it's going to work when you need it!

If you don't use cheap ammo...it really shouldn't be "dirty". But it really only takes 10 minutes tops.
        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

It was much more work in the days of revolvers, especially with lead bullets.
          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

^^^^ Isn't that the truth! Those wheel guns wouldn't hardly turn because of the crap...we shot service ammo last..in an attempt to clean them out. Spent more time cleaning than shooting.......................those were the days!
            This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

^^ LOL... i wouldn't know you old timers

Comment

Yes! I do kind of what Nikk does...go to the range with Mr. Reiland, who likes cleaning guns, so he takes care of that for me. But he has made it clear that if I started shooting often, I'd have to clean them at least part of the time.

I think part of my dislike of gun cleaning stems from my revolver (my favorite). When I got it, it was so dirty the cylinder was all locked up. Took me quite a bit of time and effort to put it all to rights.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                  It was much more work in the days of revolvers, especially with lead bullets.

I read on another forum that a lot of people don't clean there .22's nearly as much as their other guns because they shoot more lead bullets and not copper jacketed bullets.

Comment

I love to repair and maintain all types of machinery and devices so for me cleaning a gun would be something nice to do.
                    Life is what you make of it

Comment

Uber-anal weapons cleaning is one of those overblown myths perpetuated by the Armed Forces.

I clean as required by policy, but am more concened w/ proper lubrication and parts wear.

Comment

Originally posted by 11b101abn View Post
                        Uber-anal weapons cleaning is one of those overblown myths perpetuated by the Armed Forces.

I clean as required by policy, but am more concened w/ proper lubrication and parts wear.

+1

Comment

I shoot over 20,000 rounds a year and do enjoy cleaning my guns, to me its a time to relax.

I also enjoy mowing my lawns twice a week as I am proud of my showcase yard...
                          Retired LASD

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
                            I shoot over 20,000 rounds a year and do enjoy cleaning my guns, to me its a time to relax.

Did you enjoy both mowing the lawn and cleaning guns before you were retired?

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post

As my uncle always says when asked why he doesn't water his lawn, "I don't throw snow on my driveway in the winter. Why the hell would I water my lawn in the summer?".

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6337 users online. 351 members and 5986 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X