Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sorry and not trying to mess with LASD (or LASO I have heard it said both ways), but since the Deputies took over the Homicide rate in Compton reached an all time high. I think that was about 2 years ago when there was something like multiple homicides every weekend??? Also the city wants there own PD back.
    Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiu-Jitsu Cop View Post
      I am sorry and not trying to mess with LASD (or LASO I have heard it said both ways), but since the Deputies took over the Homicide rate in Compton reached an all time high. I think that was about 2 years ago when there was something like multiple homicides every weekend??? Also the city wants there own PD back.
      Really? Where is your source to back up your claims?

The city MAYOR wants his own PD back. The city RESIDENTS are totally happy with us, and for good reason. But the point is moot since the city is WAY in debt and can't afford their (not "there" as you spelled it) own PD.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Smurfette
      Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
      Originally posted by DAL
      You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Here is the latest source about homicides in Compton. Plus the city is retaining the LASD.

Compton murder rate tumbles to 45-year low
        Posted on January 18, 2011

About a decade after the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department began policing the streets, the Hub City is now boasting its lowest homicide rate in nearly half a century
        Retired

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
          Really? Where is your source to back up your claims?

The city MAYOR wants his own PD back. The city RESIDENTS are totally happy with us, and for good reason. But the point is moot since the city is WAY in debt and can't afford their (not "there" as you spelled it) own PD.
          dont get all upset FJ In 2005 compton had an all time homicide rate of 75 in one year. As a result the Sheriffs had to double the amount of Deputies and since then the rate has declined. When the Sheriffs take over a city they tend to flood the city for the first 6 months then drop their patrol numbers down. This bit the Sheriffs in the *** as the crime sky rocket. If you doubt how the Sheriffs act when they take over a city look at Maywood and Cudahy. Upon taking over the city they flooded the city and now there is allmost no sheriffs around. This is why the mayor wants his own PD back.
          Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

Comment

No, dude...the mayor has had a long-standing beef with Sheriff Baca. That is why he is hell-bent on getting rid of LASD.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by DAL

Comment

dont get all upset FJ In 2005 compton had an all time homicide rate of 75 in one year. As a result the Sheriffs had to double the amount of Deputies and since then the rate has declined. When the Sheriffs take over a city they tend to flood the city for the first 6 months then drop their patrol numbers down. This bit the Sheriffs in the *** as the crime sky rocket. If you doubt how the Sheriffs act when they take over a city look at Maywood and Cudahy. Upon taking over the city they flooded the city and now there is allmost no sheriffs around. This is why the mayor wants his own PD back.
              Actually, LASD has pumped plenty of resources since the takeover. Every contract city gets more than what they pay for. I don't know where you get your "6 months" than the patrol numbers drop down" info from, but it's incorrect. Every city gets exactly what they pay for in patrol units. Maywood gets way more resources than they pay for. It's always like that.

Comment

Originally posted by BAinCJ View Post
                c.whicker, how about providing us with some details about your ride along?

Except for a short ride along with an Indiana State trooper, my first eight-hour ride along was with a Chicago PD Gang Crimes Unit. Unfortunately, while we were patrolling the north side, all the action was occuring on the west side.
                Probably by design

Originally posted by c.whicker View Post
                I am aware sir.. just thought it was a good starting point considering thats my home station is Lost Hills and i knew it would be mellow. I doing a night shift in West Hollywood... thoughts mdrdep?
                How many ride-alongs are you allowed to do there?

Originally posted by Five-0fromSoCal View Post
                Actually, LASD has pumped plenty of resources since the takeover. Every contract city gets more than what they pay for. I don't know where you get your "6 months" than the patrol numbers drop down" info from, but it's incorrect. Every city gets exactly what they pay for in patrol units. Maywood gets way more resources than they pay for. It's always like that.
                Another thing to consider other than the obvious politics of policing, is that perhaps maybe some investigations are getting too close to the mayor? One more aspect is that many cities and towns around the US have an identity crisis until they actually have a patrol car with their name on it.
                Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

******Deleted******
                  Last edited by WESTBOUND90012; 03-02-2017, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                    See if they will let you ride on PMs on either a Friday or Saturday night......much different experience than a weeknight.... Sunset Strip is an utter zoo on the weekend nights
                    See, now you make ME want to do a ride-along. Promise me that should the Mister and I get out there, we get to go on one
                    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

So which LASD stations will let you do a ride a long without being in the process with them. I went to one LASD station and they said that I had to be in the hiring process to be able to attend a ride a long.

Comment

******Deleted******
                        Last edited by WESTBOUND90012; 03-02-2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                          See, now you make ME want to do a ride-along. Promise me that should the Mister and I get out there, we get to go on one
                          If he won't take you on the glamorous streets of Hollywood, I'll take you on a ride along in the south LA/Compton area (not the way I'd ever wanna spend a vacation....lol)
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by DAL

Comment

Originally posted by Five-0fromSoCal View Post
                            I get my sources from the fact that I work in the souteast area and have for a long time. LASD lost the contract with Cudahy because they were providing 2 deputies per shift but as always the sheriffs can pull from other resources if needed (east LA or Century in the general area). Are you counting Detectives or supervisors who are not patroling? When Maywood was taken over I saw so many deputies in the area and Air21 overhead on BS calls. Now I go through Maywood when I am bored and can't find a deputy. Maybe they are hiding, but Cudahy has again approached surrounding agencies because of the lack of service. I have personal knowledge of this.

Comment

Info only I talk with Deputies all of the time in our city and they are cool. As always there is a little bit of cockyness with all agencies but we all get along great. Century has helped us out with the world cup in the past. But it is no secrete that when LASD takes over a city they flood it with deputies for a while then the numbers die out.

Comment

******Deleted******
                                Last edited by WESTBOUND90012; 03-02-2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4809 users online. 260 members and 4549 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X