Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride along with LASD

******Deleted******
    Last edited by WESTBOUND90012; 03-02-2017, 03:46 PM.

Originally posted by c.whicker View Post
    EXCITED! i Can easily say this has been one of the longest weeks of my life due to some school work and i also have been looking forward to this! State Parks are the only guys i've rode with prior to this so i'm expecting something a whole lot different lol. Alrighty guys have a good day.
    My first ride along was boring as hell - basically a tour of the city. My second ride was code 3 after code 3 - a real experience greatly appreciated as a learning experience. Hope you learn something on your ride.

Comment

Which station did you guys do your ride a long with? Are either of you guys in the process with LASD?

Comment

c.whicker, how about providing us with some details about your ride along?

Except for a short ride along with an Indiana State trooper, my first eight-hour ride along was with a Chicago PD Gang Crimes Unit. Unfortunately, while we were patrolling the north side, all the action was occuring on the west side.
        Living it one day at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by mtruong131 View Post
          Which station did you guys do your ride a long with? Are either of you guys in the process with LASD?
          At the time I was a volunteer with LASD, Compton station. If you know anything at all about Compton, any day is totally unpredictable.

Comment

I've got some friends who live in L.A. and while I firmly believe compton will always be compton, just like New Orleans will be New Orleans, and NY will be Ny, and so on, I've seen stuff on TV about compton as well as my friends who say Compton today is nothing like the old N.W.A. days. They say compton has really achieved great strides in cleaning up. Is this true? If so good for the city, I like hearing good news that actually brings hope that places aren't doomed forever if everyone gets on the same page.
            Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

Originally posted by creolecop View Post
              I've got some friends who live in L.A. and while I firmly believe compton will always be compton, just like New Orleans will be New Orleans, and NY will be Ny, and so on, I've seen stuff on TV about compton as well as my friends who say Compton today is nothing like the old N.W.A. days. They say compton has really achieved great strides in cleaning up. Is this true? If so good for the city, I like hearing good news that actually brings hope that places aren't doomed forever if everyone gets on the same page.
              Compton has improved quite a bit under LASD, according to crime statistics, but the city government is broke. The population has changed, too, to include a lot more Mexican-Americans.
              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

******Deleted******
                Last edited by WESTBOUND90012; 03-02-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

C.whicker the Lost Hills/Malibu area is one of our slower areas. If you thought that was busy I tempt you to ride out of one of the Region II stations like S. LA (Lennox), Century, or Compton.
                  Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

******Deleted******
                    Last edited by WESTBOUND90012; 03-02-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

******Deleted******
                      Last edited by WESTBOUND90012; 03-02-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by c.whicker View Post
                        I am aware sir.. just thought it was a good starting point considering thats my home station is Lost Hills and i knew it would be mellow. I doing a night shift in West Hollywood... thoughts mdrdep?
                        See if they will let you ride on PMs on either a Friday or Saturday night......much different experience than a weeknight.... Sunset Strip is an utter zoo on the weekend nights
                        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

If Fri and Sat are utter zoos how would you classify Halloween................or CSW, which is coming up. Thank God there is plenty of OT where I'm at so I don't need that.
                          Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

******Deleted******
                            Last edited by WESTBOUND90012; 03-02-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
                              If Fri and Sat are utter zoos how would you classify Halloween................or CSW, which is coming up. Thank God there is plenty of OT where I'm at so I don't need that.
                              Halloween is on a whole other level.....it has to be experienced to be believed...... CSW is pretty tame compared to Halloween.

It is even more fun when it is on a Friday or Saturday night.....and it is hot.....we didnt clear the streets till almost 6am one year because of that!
                              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5184 users online. 322 members and 4862 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X