Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 year old girl shoots dad with bow for taking away her cell phone

TAHUYA, Wash. —
    Authorities in Washington state say they're arrested a teenage girl for allegedly shooting her dad with an arrow after he took her cell phone away.

Mason County detective William Adam says the man told officers that his 15-year-old daughter used a hunting bow to shoot him Wednesday evening after he grounded her and took the phone.

KOMO-TV reports he was airlifted from the rural, forested Tahuya (tuh-HOO-yah) area to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle and listed in serious condition.

Adam says the girl fled into woods behind her home with the bow and arrows but a SWAT team surrounded her and arrested her for investigation of first-degree assault.

Tahuya is about 35 miles west of Seattle.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...witharrow.html

She is ready to possibly kill her dad over a cell phone???
    "You don't got to be Stonewall Jackson to know you don't want to fight in a basement." Lt. Aldo Raine

If that was me, she would have learned a powerful lesson....

Don't bring a bow to a gun fight

Comment

I keep telling people that we need to outlaw those assault weapons. Yet another senseless death attributed to an assault bow.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Smurfette
      Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
      Originally posted by DAL
      You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Someone's going to be grounded until Judgement Day. I wonder if she will be out by then?

Seriously? A bow? Over a cell?
        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

You know it takes more skills to use a bow then a gun...just saying.

Also in California they will probably try to ban the assualt bows but only ones with high capacity magazines for the arrows.
          Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo990 View Post
            If that was me, she would have learned a powerful lesson....

Don't bring a bow to a gun fight
            Even if he had a gun, I don't think he would of shot his daughter....

Comment

Also in California they will probably try to ban the assualt bows but only ones with high capacity magazines for the arrows.
              Those high capacity quivers are pretty dangerous

I wonder if she used a field tip or broad-head
              "You don't got to be Stonewall Jackson to know you don't want to fight in a basement." Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                Even if he had a gun, I don't think he would of shot his daughter....
                Don't think I know of any father who would...

Comment

Did the assault bow have laser sights? The dad couldnt tell if it was an airsoft bow, since his kids are known to paint the tip to make them look like real bows.
                  I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

In retrospect the father is probably thinking that he should have taken her bow also when he took her cell phone!

Comment

The bow she used was manufactured prior to Sept 1994, so it was good to go. From what I know, the bow also had the shroud and shot heat seaking explosive arrow tips from 25 round capacity arrow "clip"

Comment

Oh, come on! We need more information! Out here a "hunting bow" is a compound, and most grown women - let alone teenage girls - couldn't handle the draw weight on the average man's compound bow. So was it her own bow? Or shoot her father with his own bow? Full draw or not? Or were they actually talking about a recurve? (that's what I had when I was 15, although can't say I ever thought of shooting a family member with it!!)

Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

So that's why they call it a crackberry...
                          sigpic

Originally posted by mitojo
                          I was once thanked by two citizens in one day. Weird.

Comment

I prefer the 10-year-old who shot his neo-Nazi father.
                            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Good thing she hit him the first time. Reload time's a beast on that weapon!
                              If I tell you what I know, I'd have to kill you. Fortunately, I don't know much.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2876 users online. 181 members and 2695 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X