300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MA Officer Charged with Starving K-9 to Death

WAREHAM, MASSACHUSETTS (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) - A former MBTA (AKA Transit Police) K-9 police officer was sentenced to serve 18 months in jail for felony animal cruelty.

43-year-old Antonio Carneiro of Rochester was also given 20 years of probation during a hearing Tuesday at Wareham District Court.

In Febuarary, 2009 Carneiro was accused of starving his dog, Nitro, a six-year-old Belgian Malinois to death in an outdoor cage at his County Rd. home. The dog weighed only 25 pounds and a necropsy indicated that it may have suffered for months.

Rochester Police chief Paul Magee helped to investigate the case.
    Magee told FOX 25, "How could a K-9 officer allow this to happen to his animal?"

Carniero was fired by the MBTA in 2009.

He will serve his sentence at the Plymouth House of Corrections.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/...#ixzz1NOXrMePm
    Everybody counts or no one counts.
    -Harry Bosch

Some of you may remember that in my early days I was sort of a bleeding heart liberal. Then I became a man and put away childish things.
    -Ronald Reagan

I hope he doesn't have any children.

Comment

You worthless scumbag......................
      Retired LASD

Comment

I hope they starve him in prison for this.

Have fun being a former cop in prison you piece of scum!

Doing this to your best friend/partner who would of died to protect you without hesitating for a second... I'm out of words for this.

Comment

Terrible just terrible! Animal abuse is just awful! That dog deserved better.

Comment

I couldn't look at that pic for more than a split second.

Comment

Disgusting................

I have one word for you.....Antonio Carneiro.............."karma".

Nitro may you rest in peace.
              This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Is there more story here?

Was there ever a "Hey, Where's your dog?" moment at work?

Bummer, but wierd at the same time...

M-11
                “All men dream...... But not equally..
                Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post
                  I couldn't look at that pic for more than a split second.
                  +1

Comment

Burn in hell, you pathetic POS. I hope this guy spends eternity in hell starving, surrounded by images of dogs eating dinner.

There's obviously no bright side here, but hopefully Nitro had a good life for most of his six years.
                    “Let him go, Lou. Someone driving that fast has no time for a ticket.”
                    -Chief Wiggum

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
                      Is there more story here?

Was there ever a "Hey, Where's your dog?" moment at work?

Bummer, but wierd at the same time...

M-11
                      Yeah, a little wierd. Was Nitro retired? Healing up? Where's the rest of the story?
                      Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
                        Yeah, a little wierd. Was Nitro retired? Healing up? Where's the rest of the story?
                        That would be my guess ...........or the handler was on sick leave.

We had a handler who was off for almost 6 months after back surgery.........

I hope the prison he goes to has a K9 unit....................
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Animal abuse is right up there with abuse of children, elderly, and the disabled: infuriating and disgusting.

Back in my academy days, we had a block of instruction on animal abusers. This innocent little old lady from the ASPCA came in for what I thought was going to be a quiet 60 minutes. Well, the film she played made several people leave the room and I felt like I was going to puke.... horrific home videos that had been seized in investigations.

It made a significant impact on how I view these crimes. If I were King, it would be punishable by death.
                          Last edited by Resq14; 05-25-2011, 07:51 PM.
                          All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

Originally posted by Resq14 View Post
                            Animal abuse is right up there with abuse of children, elderly, and the disabled: infuriating and disgusting.

Back in my academy days, we had a block of instruction on animal abusers. This innocent little old lady from the ASPCA came in for what I thought was going to be a quiet 60 minutes. Well, the film she played made several people leave the room and I felt like I was going to puke.... horrific home videos that had been seized in investigations.

It made a significant impact on how I view these crimes. If I were King, it would be punishable by death.
                            Yeah, it's not even CLOSE to the others you listed in my book. But that's just me.
                            Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

What a dick.

Where's my baton?
                              I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6113 users online. 317 members and 5796 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X