Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Edwards faces possible indictment in violations tied to affair cover-up

The investigation into John Edwards’ alleged campaign-finance improprieties and their connection to his then-mistress, Rielle Hunter, appears to be nearing its end, with an indictment possible in coming days.

Both ABC and CNN are reporting that the Justice Department has been given the go-ahead to prosecute the 2008 presidential candidate over payments his campaign and supporters allegedly made to Hunter during her affair with Edwards.

Edwards, according to reports, must now decide whether to try and work out a plea deal or fight the charges in court.

For Edwards, 57, the former 2004 Democratic vice presidential nominee and once a rising star in his party, an indictment would represent just the latest sordid chapter in a titanic fall from grace. Hunter, who worked as a videographer on the campaign, eventually gave birth to Edwards’ daughter, although Edwards maintained for almost two years that he was not the father.

His marriage to the late Elizabeth Edwards collapsed as a result.

-- latimes.com
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

That guy really is a dick.
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

I highly doubt anything significant will happen to John Edward.... just like what happened with Charlie Rangel.

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
        I highly doubt anything significant will happen to John Edward.... just like what happened with Charlie Rangel.
        I hope you are wrong.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I have the sense that this case will go much further than the Rangel deal. As the article said, Edwards is going to have to make a major decision.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3003 users online. 182 members and 2821 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X