300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DAL View Post
    What were you expecting? You have been here long enough to know better.
    I guess I knew what was coming. But see, already a few thoughtful responses so its worth it. I tried to make it abundantly clear in my post this time. Its obvious I used the title of the book as an eye catching one and to have more people look at the thread. Of course, by reading my very short post and simply clicking on the link would have explained everything but its like people are blinded by rage and in letter writing mode just by reading the thread title.

Comment

Originally posted by btfp View Post
      i am racist. I have recently taken up running so i like to race everyone I can. Some I win some I lose.

what a loaded, inappropriate question
      Oh for Christs sake....once again...

IT'S THE TITLE OF A BOOK!!!!! ITS NOT A QUESTION!!!!!

Since I am already being accused of cop bashing anyway, here goes....all of the LEO who cannot comprehend the simple premise of my post when spelled out in black and white...must be easy to get away with crime on your shift, as you are oblivious to something so obvious.
      Last edited by bigislander72; 05-24-2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawdawg45
        OK, first off I read the intro provided in the link. Her brief discussion of profiling dealt mainly with interstate stops, and my reply to that would be the same I made to a female black motorist one night on the side of the road......"No ma'am I didn't stop you because you're black, I stopped your vehicle for going 85mph in a 55mph zone".

Racist claims have been made here in Indianapolis against our Metro Officers, with some accusations even being made against black Officers! Profiling has been mentioned, but it does go both ways. A young white kid in an all black neighborhood late at night, is suspect and usually a good indication of a drug buy. The other complicating factor is the sheer numbers of black suspects and victims. Here in Indy blacks comprise about 24% of the States population, but represent nearly 70% of the suspects booked in, and represent nearly 90% of homicide victims and suspects. There is a certain "Quit picking on us" mentality with these numbers, but I believe racism has little or nothing to do with it.

LD45
        I am going to buy the book to read more, but from what I gather, the message is that law-abiding minorities shouldn't get so up in arms about the thing the media calls "racial profiling" because it helps rid the streets of criminals, criminals which most likely will be preying on people in there own neighborhood anyway. Your statistics reinforce this nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by bigislander72 View Post
          I guess I knew what was coming. But see, already a few thoughtful responses so its worth it. I tried to make it abundantly clear in my post this time. Its obvious I used the title of the book as an eye catching one and to have more people look at the thread. Of course, by reading my very short post and simply clicking on the link would have explained everything but its like people are blinded by rage and in letter writing mode just by reading the thread title.
          That is pretty much what always happens. Rational discourse is impossible. Sensible, thoughtful remarks are buried in a sea of attacks. So why bother?
          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

That is pretty much what always happens. Rational discourse is impossible. Sensible, thoughtful remarks are buried in a sea of attacks. So why bother?
            +1 and I will label you a LIBERAL Thread maybe closed now.
            Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Thanks for posting the book.

I actually just placed an order for a used copy for $1.48. Looks like a good read.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy View Post
                +1 and I will label you a LIBERAL
                Scandalous calumny. Them's fighting words!!
                Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I guess I find it entertaining either way. I prefer rational discourse(hallmark of the "Liberal" I guess ), but if sea of attacks it is...right back at 'em!!

Comment

It looks interesting, it sounds familiar as we've all been saying the same thing for years. The problem is, the people that should read this book, ( if all of her statistics are correct ) wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Too many long held myths would go the way of the dinosaur.
                    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Comment

I believe everybody is racist. The extent of the racism varies between individuals.

Comment

No. Cops are not racist and should be profiling.

But black presidents who hate cops and America named Barack Hussein Obama (not Osama) are indeed, racist.

Next?
                          The All New
                          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

You got a problem with me because I'm white?

Comment

Anyone else catch that unintended pun?

Comment

The other complicating factor is the sheer numbers of black suspects and victims. Here in Indy blacks comprise about 24% of the States population, but represent nearly 70% of the suspects booked in, and represent nearly 90% of homicide victims and suspects.

I dont hear Jesse and Al speaking to this. This is the real problem. But the black community ignores stats like this..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5108 users online. 310 members and 4798 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X