Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Cops Racist?

http://www.amazon.com/Are-Cops-Racis.../dp/156663489X

Anyone read this book and have any thoughts on the matter? I know its a touchy subject but I think the author is right on. But of course I am not a LEO(which has been pointed out for me many times on this forum ), so I would be interested to here opinions from those more directly involved in the issue.

Racism is a trait of humanity not profession.
    Firefighters tease cops, cops tease firefighters, it's the natural order of things!

Comment

Are there cops who are racist? Yes. Is every cop racist? No. Are there doctors who are racist? Yes. Is every doctor racist? No. Are there politicians racist? Yes. Is every politician racist? No....

I've never heard of your book and I don't think this is a "touchy" subject. I don't know the authors point of view but the fact is some people are racist, most are not. It's a little retarded to assume an entire profession is racist, unless of course there's a KKK lawn mowing company out there...

Comment

Man, you guys should at least read the description of the book before commenting. Thats why I posted the link. The title was just something to catch peoples eye. By reading the description you will see its totally a sacarstic statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
          Are there cops who are racist? Yes. Is every cop racist? No. Are there doctors who are racist? Yes. Is every doctor racist? No. Are there politicians racist? Yes. Is every politician racist? No....

I've never heard of your book and I don't think this is a "touchy" subject. I don't know the authors point of view but the fact is some people are racist, most are not. It's a little retarded to assume an entire profession is racist, unless of course there's a KKK lawn mowing company out there...
          Just reading an excerpt from the book that Amazon let me read the author was talking about profiling. And that leads to the question "Is profiling racist" or maybe "Can profiling be racist?". I am under the belief that honest profiling is not inherently racist. I "profile" people all the time when I'm in strange surroundings or out at night. Looking for people that are not acting right is just a way of profiling.

The small part of the book that I sampled seemed a little dry and boring but I have no idea how the rest of the book reads.

Comment

Originally posted by bigislander72 View Post
            Man, you guys should at least read the description of the book before commenting. Thats why I posted the link. The title was just something to catch peoples eye. By reading the description you will see its totally a sacarstic statement.
            Yeah! It's well known how effective internet forums are at conveying sarcasm. :P

See what I did thar? Smileys are your friends.
            There are basically two kinds of people in this world. Those that believe in the moon landing and those that don't.
            http://unistat76.blogspot.com/

Comment

I hate everyone equally.
              I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Are criminals racist?
                Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Unistat View Post
                  Yeah! It's well known how effective internet forums are at conveying sarcasm. :P

See what I did thar? Smileys are your friends.
                  Sigh...read the title, open the thread, click on the link that is the very first thing on my post to see what its about(about a book, which is explicitly mentioned in my very short post), read description, then comment.

I thought it was pretty simple and straightfoward. Apparently some are not getting it( Except for JonB). Let me reiterate:

COMMENTS SHOULD BE DIRECTED AT THE BOOK/AUTHOR, NOT THE INFLAMMATORY QUESTION WHICH JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE TITLE OF SAID BOOK!!!

Comment

I got it! I clicked on the link and read the summary about the book. I'm on my way to work though, so I will have to comment later!
                    "Of course America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up."

Comment

Originally posted by bigislander72 View Post
                      Sigh...read the title, open the thread, click on the link that is the very first thing on my post to see what its about(about a book, which is explicitly mentioned in my very short post), read description, then comment.

I thought it was pretty simple and straightfoward. Apparently some are not getting it( Except for JonB). Let me reiterate:

COMMENTS SHOULD BE DIRECTED AT THE BOOK/AUTHOR, NOT THE INFLAMMATORY QUESTION WHICH JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE TITLE OF SAID BOOK!!!
                      LOL..I feel your pain.

World_So_Cold

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                        I hate everyone equally.
                        I like this comment, however.

+1

World_So_Cold

Comment

If you want to avoid negative comments directed towards you then stop posting things that could be perceived as negative comments against LE.

I'm sure the book is a good read but I think it's the post's title that has turned this south for you.

Comment

Originally posted by BigW View Post
                            If you want to avoid negative comments directed towards you then stop posting things that could be perceived as negative comments against LE.

I'm sure the book is a good read but I think it's the post's title that has turned this south for you.
                            If all the naysayers would actually take the 30 seconds to check out the link, then you would understand that its not negative towards LE at all. Thanks but no thanks for the advice though. Still waiting for a thoughful response. Right now only 1 in 10 can even comprehend that apparently.

I actually thought that since this being a pro LE book(you read that right...pro) some of you might have heard about it/read it/recognized the title.
                            Last edited by bigislander72; 05-24-2011, 01:28 PM.

Comment

All he did was post the title of the book. Simply clicking the link would have explained everything. Looks like an interesting book from what Amazon allows you to read on the preview.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3211 users online. 166 members and 3045 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X