300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember that Alaska Cop

Who is suspected of being an illegal immigrant? Well apparently he is going to plead guilty to...ID THEFT...also!

Wow. Just. Wow.
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

I thought you guys did some sort of background investigation / credit history thingy ?
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorkon View Post
      I thought you guys did some sort of background investigation / credit history thingy ?
      See, there is the problem. People on the other side of the world from me make a mistake, who I've never met, talked to, or heard of until this and I'm lumped in with them because we share a profession.

You garbage collectors are all the same. I hear one in California dented a can.

You accountants sure are screwed up because some of them work for the mob.......

Comment

No.....because I am not a resident of Alaska.

Comment

Originally posted by BigW View Post
          See, there is the problem. People on the other side of the world from me make a mistake, who I've never met, talked to, or heard of until this and I'm lumped in with them because we share a profession.

You garbage collectors are all the same. I hear one in California dented a can.

You accountants sure are screwed up because some of them work for the mob.......
          Think you are reading into this too much.(Phil Collins song "You're taking all too hard" would be an appropriate background music lol)

Seriously it was a valid question. He didn't really say anything negative. "You guys" in this sense means those in LE. And to answer that question, the cop in question stole someone else identity which is why he passed the background investigation.

Not passing blame or anything but the truth of the matter in almost any case such as this(I am not just talking LE related) there are lessons to be learned and strategies to implement in the future to prevent it. I think that was the heart of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by bigislander72 View Post
            Think you are reading into this too much.(Phil Collins song "You're taking all too hard" would be an appropriate background music lol)

Seriously it was a valid question. He didn't really say anything negative. "You guys" in this sense means those in LE. And to answer that question, the cop in question stole someone else identity which is why he passed the background investigation.

Not passing blame or anything but the truth of the matter in almost any case such as this(I am not just talking LE related) there are lessons to be learned and strategies to implement in the future to prevent it. I think that was the heart of the question.
            Thanks for your comment on something you have no perspective about. It was duly noted and given the appropriate amount of attention (I'll let you guess how much that was).

What I said was not an idictment on the person who asked the question. I was commenting on the fact that all LEOs are lumped together simply by profession. You do not see that in other professions.

Comment

Yes, we do background checks up here.

Comment

I was commenting on the fact that all LEOs are lumped together simply by profession. You do not see that in other professions.
                I respectfully disagree. No let me rephrase that...you have got to be kidding right? I could like find 5 different examples in as many minutes...probably on this site alone(lawyers, FBI agents, journalists, security guards, TSA agents...there was even a disparaging remark made about doctors, much more insulting; nothing even close to post #2 in this thread)...but anyway don't want to argue so you are correct I guess.
                Last edited by bigislander72; 05-23-2011, 10:06 PM.

Comment

As I understand it what tripped this guy up was his passport application or renewal ? I really wonder if the fairly new requirement to have a passport to enter Canada or Mexico is what tripped him up ?

Bill
                  Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

Wow, talk about a thread hijack.
                    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Thanks for your comment on something you have no perspective about. It was duly noted and given the appropriate amount of attention (I'll let you guess how much that was).

What I said was not an idictment on the person who asked the question. I was commenting on the fact that all LEOs are lumped together simply by profession. You do not see that in other professions.
                      Chill out. The person asked a simple question. If he said ''Well don't cops do background checks?'' he would still be imposing the same question. There's no need to make it a personal attack on him. No one in this thread was even mentioning anything about profiling cops as a whole but you. Maybe he doesn't know that much about law enforcement and if he really doesn't, the fact that he has a public view on police and is now being treated disrespectfully on here isn't helping the reputation police actually deserve and changing his view.
                      Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

Yep we do...............every LE department in the country does a background check. Some are more intensive than others. Sometimes people lie to the police . Also just like everything esle that involves a human......................mistakes are occasionally made.
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

tHERE IS GOOD AND BAD IN EVERY PROFESSION.

What about the lawyer that fought someone and got arrested? What about the politician that ran over someone and left him dead on the street. Or even the teacher that had sex with a student.

Just cause a background check is done today does not mean someone will not break the law tomorrow. now i cannot speak for Alaska but i am sure they have bg checks .

Comment

Admittedly I'm a bit touchy on all cops being lumped together since we recently had an officer do something extremely stupid that gave everyone in the department a black eye. I wasn't mad at the question (or user). I was just pointing out that we're all lumped together regardless. My apologies to Vorkon.

FromOhio and bigislander72? Not so much. Come tote a badge a bit before you preach to me.

Comment

Well, missing that someone isn’t a legal resident who can work in the USA, and didn’t submit their legitimate identification in my expectation would be covered in Background Investigations 101.

There were many faults in this process for it to have gotten this far.

It just goes to show how much opportunity is out there because no one is watching the barn.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
                              - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4408 users online. 291 members and 4117 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X