300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspect in Dodger Stadium beating of Bryan Stow is in custody

Great Job!...Now maybe this guy will lead to the other idiot...

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,5494774.story

Suspect in Dodger Stadium beating of Bryan Stow is in custody

Police this morning took into custody one of two men suspected in the opening-day beating of Giants fan Bryan Stow.

By Joel Rubin, Los Angeles Times

May 22, 2011, 8:40 a.m.

A man suspected of being one of the two assailants in the brutal beating of Giants fan Bryan Stow at Dodger Stadium was taken into custody early this morning, Los Angeles police sources say.

At about 7 a.m., the Los Angeles Police Department SWAT team descended on an East Hollywood apartment building with a warrant in hand. According to apartment building manager Maritza Camacho, police, using loudspeakers and with guns drawn, called out to the occupants of Apartment 25. Inside was one of the men police suspect in the March 31 beating that left Stow with brain damage.

As residents of the three-story building stood watching from balconies, police removed, one by one, the people who were inside the apartment, according to Camacho. Among them was a man with a bald head and tattoos on his neck and arms, she said, a description that appeared to match the vague sketches released by police of one of the two suspects. She added that he did not appear to resist being taken into custody.

Several police sources confirmed that the man taken into custody was one of the two suspects in the beating.

Police officials declined to give details, including the name of the suspect, saying only that the investigation was ongoing.

Bryan Stow, 42, a father of two, was walking through the Dodger Stadium parking lot with two friends after the Dodgers'' opening-day victory over San Francisco when he was brutally assaulted. Stow, who lives in Santa Cruz and worked as a paramedic in Santa Clara, was wearing Giants apparel, police said, and two young men began taunting him. One of the assailants blindsided Stow with blows to the back and head, police said.

The two assailants repeatedly kicked and punched Stow while he was on the ground. Stow's friends attempted to help, and were also punched and kicked before the attackers fled in a car driven by a woman wearing an Andre Ethier jersey. Police said it appeared there also was a 10-year-old boy in the car.

As more time passed without an arrest, the reward fund grew to more than $200,000, and the suspects' sketches were plastered on about 200 billboards around the L.A. area.

Camacho said that the man taken into custody Sunday morning had not been a longtime resident of the East Hollywood apartment building, but she had begun to see him coming and going in the last few months.

Stow remains in critical condition at San Francisco General Hospital, where he was moved last week from County-USC Medical Center in Los Angeles.

Doctors in San Francisco told reporters Stow had opened his eyes but that his long-term recovery was far from certain.

The incident has brought scrutiny and negative media attention to the Dodgers, who are also in the midst of an ownership battle. Owner Frank McCourt is struggling to meet payroll, prompting Major League Baseball to seize all business and day-to-day operations of the team.

Despite a significantly increased police presence, attendance has lagged. At Wednesday's game against the Giants — the rival team's first visit back since the opening series — paid attendance was 30,421. Although that was the number of tickets sold, the 56,000-seat stadium was clearly more than half empty. The last time the Dodgers sold fewer tickets for a home game against the Giants was June 4, 1997, when they sold 30,357.
    sigpic

Great news and I hope they got their guy. Cases like this can be tough to prove so hopefully they have some solid evidence. You hope that the guy starts talking and dimes out the other guy. Perhaps the get away driver talked too much or maybe the 10 year old kid told friends at school. Hopefully they can be placed at the game, perhaps they left a paper trail of ticket or concession purchase. You also hope the victim's friends can identify these jack bags.

Many possibilities. Hoping it's a solid case.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

Good job LAPD.

Damn right.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Great catch for all agencies involved in the investigation and capture.

Comment

Saw this on the California section. F'n awesome! Hope this and whatever other POS was with him rots in a special kind of Hell. Nice work LAPD.
          sigpic
          Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
          And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Awesome! I, too, hope the other 5h!tbird is soon in-custody and residing at the Twin Towers until trial...then off to the Big House.
            "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

I'm glad they caught the guy. It would have been pretty bad if they didn't with all the press out there. This incident, along with the ownership, has ruined attendance at the stadium.

Comment

Yep I joke with my LAPD friends but they did a great job this time.
                Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

This P O was really on the ball. And they want to get rid of PO"s in California? Doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
                    Great Job!...Now maybe this guy will lead to the other idiot...

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,5494774.story
                    Outstanding news! Good work, LAPD...... and anyone else involved. Usually the wheels of justice turn a little slower it seems. Glad to see how fast this happened.

Comment

The suspect in custody has at least three prior convictions, a source close to the investigation said. He was convicted of attempted robbery in 1998, robbery in 1999, and firing a weapon in a public place in 2005, according to the source.

Why is it that when the Feds go after a gun crime, it could just be possession after a single felony conviction and the guy is like up the river for 10 years? They really need to start doing this more with guys like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiu-Jitsu Cop View Post
                        Yep I joke with my LAPD friends but they did a great job this time.
                        You HAVE friends, JuJu cop?

Comment

The whole incident is very disturbing. Anyone that goes to a baseball game goes there to have fun and feel safe. I haven't seen any support form the Dodgers organization with the victim's medical costs. I am sure it's going to be expensive. You couldn't pay me to go to Dodger stadium now. Great work LAPD on arresting this guy. I hope there is solid evidence to him and the others involved.

Comment

Originally posted by a Cop Fan View Post
                            The whole incident is very disturbing. Anyone that goes to a baseball game goes there to have fun and feel safe. I haven't seen any support form the Dodgers organization with the victim's medical costs. I am sure it's going to be expensive. You couldn't pay me to go to Dodger stadium now. Great work LAPD on arresting this guy. I hope there is solid evidence to him and the others involved.
                            The Dodgers can't even pay their own bills these days.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

Good job. i hope is is beaten in prison and has to sleep next to the toilet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4286 users online. 281 members and 4005 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X