Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the full-time Officers, they need to carry 2 extra mags on their duty belt, and are required to carry an off duty gun when in the confines of the county.

Comment

I've never seen a patrol officer with less than 2 extra mags.

It's common for department higher ups to only wear a firearm on their duty belt.

Comment

I remember being in Houston in 1984 and seeing some officers carrying 6-shot revolvers with only six spare rounds.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

It comes down to complacency and laziness. I see all the time uniformed officers who work inside headquarters or command staff members walking around with just their gun. I get even more pizzed when I see a uniformed command staff member out and about with just a Glock 27 and nothing else on their belt. It really pizzes me off because I am REQUIRED by policy to have A MINIMUM of 1 reload and handcuffs with my firearm any time I am in uniform.

Most folks will never fire their weapon, and even fewer will ever have to reload under fire or during a situation. They just get comfortable with whatever is in their gun, not taking into consideration malfunctions, misses, multiple attackers, etc.

I recently got a bug up my but and started setting up redundant ammo. I carry the require 46 duty rounds. I have a box of OO buck and a box of slug in each door pocket, 3 30rnd M4 mags and a spare 15rnd pistol mag in my active shooter kit on my passenger seat, a redi-mag on my M4 for a total of 2 mags in the gun, plus spare 20/30rnd M4 mags in my trunk.

Do I honestly ever expect to burn through all that ammo? Of course not, but no matter where I am in relation to my car I can get to spare ammo. If I'm by the trunk I can reload. Passenger side? Reload. Driver side? Reload.

Comment

Defin. carry extras if for no other reason than to clear a malfunction. I have had to do this with simunition before...

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
              Not only are we required to carry extra, our qualifications require a reload..........
              Same in our state.

Our agency requires that when in uniform we carry all of our LE tools (OC, MEB, cuffs, radio, sidearm, two extra mags). Flashlight is provided - actually, two: Mag charger & tiny Streamlight rechargeable - but is only belt tool not required at all times.

Standard ammo load is 37 - 3x 12rd mags + one in chamber. 229 in .357 SIG.
              The opinions expressed here are from the individual only and do not represent the view of any agency that the poster may be affiliated with

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4923 users online. 320 members and 4603 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X