300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hedp View Post
    it is from justice scalia's opinion in heller v. Dc.

lol

Comment

• What was quoted was just a few words from a rather lengthy opinion. The opinion and all the legal reasoning contained in it lead to the holding, as DAL quoted. It is the holding that is the law of the land. Those opposed to to the holding can run around quoting parts of the dissent. But that does not make the dissent law either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
        What was quoted was just a few words from a rather lengthy opinion. The opinion and all the legal reasoning contained in it lead to the holding, as DAL quoted. It is the holding that is the law of the land. Those opposed to to the holding can run around quoting parts of the dissent. But that does not make the dissent law either.

Correct, what I put was from the majority opinion written by Justice Scalia.

Comment

• Originally posted by HEDP View Post
          It is from Justice Scalia's opinion in Heller v. DC.

Only the bolded part of it. Everything else must be commentary, because it discusses what the "Heller Court" said.

Everything I quoted was a direct quptation for the majority opinion in Heller.
          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• DAL you are failing to take your own advice
            Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
              DAL you are failing to take your own advice
              Only because HEDP appears to be a cop.
              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• From what I've observed from the posts the officers/individuals against lawful open carry are the ones that are from states and/or cities where there are strict gun laws and hence more gun crimes and/or violence. Hopefully these states/cities recognize that once a law abiding citizen, that aren't prior felons, have a right to defend oneselves. The gun crime will go down and the officers/individuals that once had a negative reflection of firearms will see it in a more positive light.

Comment

• Originally posted by usamarshal View Post
                  From what I've observed from the posts the officers/individuals against lawful open carry are the ones that are from states and/or cities where there are strict gun laws and hence more gun crimes and/or violence. Hopefully these states/cities recognize that once a law abiding citizen, that aren't prior felons, have a right to defend oneselves. The gun crime will go down and the officers/individuals that once had a negative reflection of firearms will see it in a more positive light.
                  wow... that has to be the worse bs Ive read in a long time....
                  I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                    wow... that has to be the worse bs Ive read in a long time....
                    Nah, just facts...why do you think cities like chicago, la, and dc have the highest gun crimes in the country? Its because of there strict gun laws. It is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by usamarshal View Post
                      Nah, just facts...why do you think cities like chicago, la, and dc have the highest gun crimes in the country? Its because of there strict gun laws. It is what it is.
                      Facts? Have actual studies to support that? Nope.
                      I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

• Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
                        Facts? Have actual studies to support that? Nope.

I know there's studies that have been done, cities with stricter gun laws usually have higher violent crime rates.

And look at the cities, Chicago, DC......is it really a big shock?

Comment

• Originally posted by HEDP View Post
                          I know there's studies that have been done, cities with stricter gun laws usually have higher violent crime rates.

And look at the cities, Chicago, DC......is it really a big shock?

No it's not a big shock, but I believe that if the gun laws were more lax the crime rates would still be the same. You're also dealing with many other factors that come into play when it comes to the violent crime and homicide rates. Other issues that could easily be brought into the mix include the population density, level of poverty, and gang problems. I don't believe allowing everyone to arm themselves in these cities would fix anything.
                          I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

• Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
                            No it's not a big shock, but I believe that if the gun laws were more lax the crime rates would still be the same. You're also dealing with many other factors that come into play when it comes to the violent crime and homicide rates. Other issues that could easily be brought into the mix include the population density, level of poverty, and gang problems. I don't believe allowing everyone to arm themselves in these cities would fix anything.

They've had cities that gained right to carry and crime levels went down.

When the AWB ended crime also went down.

Look at Switzerland, one of the largest population of gun owners in the world and they have one of the lowest violent crime rates.

Comment

• I don't believe allowing everyone to arm themselves in these cities would fix anything.
                              +1, its not the magical solution for lowering crime down to low levels. As for Chicago my area is pretty safe even at night but I'm only speaking for the northwest side.
                              Life is what you make of it

Comment

• Originally posted by MD11pilot View Post
                                +1, its not the magical solution for lowering crime down to low levels. As for Chicago my area is pretty safe even at night but I'm only speaking for the northwest side.
                                Your telling me you would walk around a Chicago neighborhood in the evening without being armed? Your either really brave or not so bright...haha

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3362 users online. 256 members and 3106 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X