Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Video) The Navy seal who shot Bin Laden.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Originally posted by MG108 View Post
    Might be an inside thing. Riggle is O-5 USMC and is wearing an O-5 Navy uniform for the skit. Probably didn't want to take the demotion.
    Oh, is that a real Marine 0-5? No wonder it's both really stupid and really funny. He was going out of his way to sanitize things....which is why we're picking it apart so much. LOL. Did you even notice at one point in the video his salad was on his right chest and medal on the left chest?

Leave a comment:

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Originally posted by Rossi357
    Unless it's changed since I was in the Navy, 3 stripes is a Commander. He needs only 2 stripes to be a LT.
    (face palm)
    LOL, yea, like a Navy 0-5's gonna be at the tip of the spear of this kind of op. LOL. This video was really stupid and really funny at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• BAinCJ
    replied
    Originally posted by towncop View Post
    During the opening of the skit, the American Flag is also improperly displayed.
    Originally posted by MG108 View Post
    The admiral also appears to be wearing a collar pin star on his service dress blue coat. I didn't think collar ranks were worn with this uniform. Are medals ever worn on the right chest (admiral in opening scene)?

Also at 1:07, the image is reversed and his ribbons appear on the right chest.

More great catches regarding all three errors.
    The flag that is mounted on the rear wall should have the stars on the left, not on the right as seen from the audience.
    Naval officers do not wear any insignia devices on the coat collars of their dress blue service uniforms. However, midshipmen at the Naval Academy, NROTC and officer candidates at OCS are authorized to wear metal insignia on their dress blue coat collars.
    And although certain ribbons can be worn on the right chest, I'm not aware of any medals authorized for wear on the right chest.
    Last edited by BAinCJ; 05-23-2011, 09:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MG108
    replied
    Originally posted by BAinCJ View Post
    Also, SEAL officers are Unrestricted Line Officers. Therefore, they all wear a gold star above the gold stripes on the sleeves of their dress blue uniforms. Notice that the Admiral in the video does have this star on his sleeve.

Finally, the medal that the Navy officer is receiving is the Army Distinguished Service Cross. He should be receiving the equivalent Navy Cross.
    The admiral also appears to be wearing a collar pin star on his service dress blue coat. I didn't think collar ranks were worn with this uniform. Are medals ever worn on the right chest (admiral in opening scene)?

Also at 1:07, the image is reversed and his ribbons appear on the right chest.

Leave a comment:

• MG108
    replied
    Originally posted by towncop View Post
    That's my pet peeve. I don't even like the decision for right sleeve uniform flags, though it's no longer improper.

Leave a comment:

• towncop
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BAinCJ
    replied
    Unless it's changed since I was in the Navy, 3 stripes is a Commander. He needs only 2 stripes to be a LT.
    (face palm)
    Nice catch. You are correct. If you really want to get technical about it, there are three more uniform mistakes.

As a member of the SEALS, he is not wearing the SEAL Trident insignia above the ribbons on his chest.

Also, SEAL officers are Unrestricted Line Officers. Therefore, they all wear a gold star above the gold stripes on the sleeves of their dress blue uniforms. Notice that the Admiral in the video does have this star on his sleeve.

Finally, the medal that the Navy officer is receiving is the Army Distinguished Service Cross. He should be receiving the equivalent Navy Cross.
    Last edited by BAinCJ; 05-22-2011, 09:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JasperST
    replied
    It's a fake, here's the real deal!

Leave a comment:

• Garbage Man
    replied
    I hope the real guy sees this and gets a good laugh out of it..he deserves it.

Leave a comment:

• MG108
    replied
    (face palm)
    Might be an inside thing. Riggle is O-5 USMC and is wearing an O-5 Navy uniform for the skit. Probably didn't want to take the demotion.

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Originally posted by mac266 View Post
    Chances are it was an enlisted SEAL who took the shot anyway. I don't have any inside information, but it's just a matter of odds.
    Roger that. The smart money here is on the enlisted SEAL. Great hit though!!

Leave a comment:

• mac266
    replied
    (face palm)
    Chances are it was an enlisted SEAL who took the shot anyway. I don't have any inside information, but it's just a matter of odds.

Leave a comment:

• MG108
    replied
    Rob Riggle is a Marine.

Leave a comment:

• mavriktu
    replied
    Please use the NSFW when posting these videos.

Leave a comment:

• NYPD8000
    replied
    Hey you never know it just might be true

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2437 users online. 144 members and 2293 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X