Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Video) The Navy seal who shot Bin Laden.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Video) The Navy seal who shot Bin Laden.

Deleted.............................
    Last edited by Robocop1992; 06-29-2011, 11:36 PM.

already been posted

Comment

Hey you never know it just might be true
      -- Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious
      Oscar Wilde

Comment

Please use the NSFW when posting these videos.
        Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Rob Riggle is a Marine.
          "Did that hurt? It looked like it hurt"

Comment

Originally posted by Rossi357
            Unless it's changed since I was in the Navy, 3 stripes is a Commander. He needs only 2 stripes to be a LT.
            (face palm)
            Chances are it was an enlisted SEAL who took the shot anyway. I don't have any inside information, but it's just a matter of odds.
            MAC

Comment

Originally posted by mac266 View Post
              Chances are it was an enlisted SEAL who took the shot anyway. I don't have any inside information, but it's just a matter of odds.
              Roger that. The smart money here is on the enlisted SEAL. Great hit though!!

Comment

Unless it's changed since I was in the Navy, 3 stripes is a Commander. He needs only 2 stripes to be a LT.
                (face palm)
                Might be an inside thing. Riggle is O-5 USMC and is wearing an O-5 Navy uniform for the skit. Probably didn't want to take the demotion.

Comment

I hope the real guy sees this and gets a good laugh out of it..he deserves it.
                  Originally posted by FJDave
                  GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
                  "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

It's a fake, here's the real deal!

Comment

(face palm)
                      Nice catch. You are correct. If you really want to get technical about it, there are three more uniform mistakes.

As a member of the SEALS, he is not wearing the SEAL Trident insignia above the ribbons on his chest.

Also, SEAL officers are Unrestricted Line Officers. Therefore, they all wear a gold star above the gold stripes on the sleeves of their dress blue uniforms. Notice that the Admiral in the video does have this star on his sleeve.

Finally, the medal that the Navy officer is receiving is the Army Distinguished Service Cross. He should be receiving the equivalent Navy Cross.
                      Last edited by BAinCJ; 05-22-2011, 09:49 PM.
                      Living it one day at a time.

Comment

During the opening of the skit, the American Flag is also improperly displayed.
                        Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                          That's my pet peeve. I don't even like the decision for right sleeve uniform flags, though it's no longer improper.

Comment

Originally posted by BAinCJ View Post
                            Also, SEAL officers are Unrestricted Line Officers. Therefore, they all wear a gold star above the gold stripes on the sleeves of their dress blue uniforms. Notice that the Admiral in the video does have this star on his sleeve.

Finally, the medal that the Navy officer is receiving is the Army Distinguished Service Cross. He should be receiving the equivalent Navy Cross.
                            The admiral also appears to be wearing a collar pin star on his service dress blue coat. I didn't think collar ranks were worn with this uniform. Are medals ever worn on the right chest (admiral in opening scene)?

Also at 1:07, the image is reversed and his ribbons appear on the right chest.

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                              Originally posted by MG108 View Post
                              The admiral also appears to be wearing a collar pin star on his service dress blue coat. I didn't think collar ranks were worn with this uniform. Are medals ever worn on the right chest (admiral in opening scene)?

Also at 1:07, the image is reversed and his ribbons appear on the right chest.

More great catches regarding all three errors.
                              The flag that is mounted on the rear wall should have the stars on the left, not on the right as seen from the audience.
                              Naval officers do not wear any insignia devices on the coat collars of their dress blue service uniforms. However, midshipmen at the Naval Academy, NROTC and officer candidates at OCS are authorized to wear metal insignia on their dress blue coat collars.
                              And although certain ribbons can be worn on the right chest, I'm not aware of any medals authorized for wear on the right chest.
                              Last edited by BAinCJ; 05-23-2011, 09:57 PM.
                              Living it one day at a time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6717 users online. 355 members and 6362 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X