Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer Shot - Standoff In Progress

http://www.wfsb.com/news/27956533/detail.html

MANCHESTER, Conn. -- Sources tell Eyewitness news that a Manchester officer has been shot but that his injuries are not life-threatening.

Sources said the officer was investigating an incident on Canfield Road and High Street in Manchester shortly after 5 p.m. where a man armed with two weapons had barricaded himself inside his home.

The officer has been transported to Hartford Hospital. Residents in the area being evacuated to the McKee Fire Station.
    Glad to hear it is not life-threatening. Hopefully the officer will make a fast recovery. I will post up an update once one gets published..

Gunshots being reported..

wife and children inside the home as well.
    Last edited by NextGenOfc; 05-19-2011, 05:25 PM.

Comment

MANCHESTER, Conn. -- Sources tell Eyewitness news that a Manchester officer has been shot but that his injuries are not life-threatening.

Sources said the officer was investigating an incident on McKee Street shortly after 5 p.m. where a man armed with two weapons had barricaded himself inside his home.

Witnesses at the scene said the man is inside his home with his wife and two children, ages 9 and 13. The husband is threatening to kill them all.

Residents in the area being evacuate to the McKee Fire Station.

Comment

wow...
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Officer William Beeler. Said to be in fair condition at Hartford Hospital.

Comment

Good.................
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Man has been shot by police..not sure on the specifics as to how serious

Comment

I know a few officers at that department (it was also the first PD I ever applied to). Good to hear Beeler is going to recover. Prayers to everyone involved!
                "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                -Chris Rock

Comment

mother and her two children are safe. Good ending from what it could have been...

Comment

Suspect was shot and killed, family is safe and the officer was released from the hospital.

MANCHESTER, Conn. -- A Manchester police officer has been released from the hospital after being shot Thursday while responding to reports of a man waving a handgun on Courtland Street.

It happened at about 5:30 p.m. Thursday.

Police said Eddie Reyes shot Officer William Beeler in the shoulder when the officer entered his home. Beeler, who has been with the department for three years, was taken to Hartford Hospital but was released a few hours later and is recovering at home. Officers said, when Beeler arrived, Reyes' wife and two children were locked inside a room, talking to police on the phone.

Violet Chessman lives across the street and said she was frightened.

"It was really scary to come home to," she said. "I was wondering if everybody was all right."

Police from several departments and a SWAT team surrounded the house for hours and began negotiations with Reyes, who had barricaded himself inside with his wife, Marianella Reyes, and their two sons, ages 10 and 13. Reyes' wife remained on the phone with a 911 dispatcher during the standoff, police said.

Police said Reyes, who is bipolar, fired several times at police officers and shot at neighboring cars and houses. People living in the area were evacuated to the McKee Fire Station.

Then, at about 7 p.m., Reyes' wife and her two children emerged safely from the home.

A short time later, a sniper shot and killed Reyes as he was standing near the front door.

A neighbor said Reyes and his wife have been together for 15 years. She said she never heard they had problems. Police said they had never been called to the home before, but that Reyes did have a criminal record. He was arrested for breach of peace in 1997 and 1998 by East Hartford and Glastonbury police.

State police investigators said Reyes had three guns and plenty of ammunition inside the home. Troopers said they recovered more than 75 shell casings inside the house, just on the first floor alone.

"It's a miracle there were no more injuries than there were," said Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance. "Civilians were in danger, police were in danger. Every police officer who responded last night was truly in harms way. The suspect was not randomly firing. He was aiming his weapon where officers were stationed."

State police said they were expected to be at the home and in the neighborhood all day Friday collecting evidence from the standoff.

Comment

Wow-- what a hard situation for all concerned! I hope Officer Beeler is going to be okay, and I am glad none of the other innocents were harmed.
                      We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
                      but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

I have been following this on the local news. God bless all the officers that responded, they all acted in a exemplary manner. William Beeler was part of the entry team that went in the house to rescue the mother and children. He has since been released from the hospital. I am glad no one was killed except the suspect. Very brave and heroic.
                        Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
                        ~Mark Twain

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
                        ~Thomas Jefferson

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."
                        — Horace Mann

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3579 users online. 205 members and 3374 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X