Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have caught many a soldier asleep on guard duty. It happens. This guy got a raw deal due to the photo imho.

In an LE role being exposed to potential bad guys at any moment it is different and not possible really to handle it like we did.

Normally I would secure the sleeping soldier's weapon, NVGs, and anything else they were accountable for. We would wait to see how they handled it...

Good times.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Originally posted by jcioccke
    After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

Comment

^^^^^

Love the signature LMAO
      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

What ever happened to common courtesy? Knock on his window, make sure he's allright, and go on with your business. Sheeesh...
        Yeah. That would go poorly. Like, on the Scale of Fail, somewhere between "Titanic" and "Chernobyl."
        --Squirrel

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
          OH, but if the air traffic controllers are sleeping, lets give them more breaks, shorter shifts, a buttload of money, and hell, while we're at it, lets just build them a big old bed to take shift naps in.
          Well a cop isn't safe taking a nap unless its at a station and even then you have plenty to do to stay awake like driving or walking around and such. All a controller can do to stay awake at 3 am is stare at one or two targets on his scope.
          Life is what you make of it

Comment

If you were going to take a shift nap, would it not be more advisable to sleep in the trunk? I mean most trunks these days come with the release handles. That way you can be all rested up to shoot perps in the legs or shoulder.
            Last edited by 10-7Alpha; 05-20-2011, 03:51 PM. Reason: Added additonal sarcasm.
            The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Originally posted by jcioccke
            After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

Comment

Originally posted by JJHunsacker View Post
              A pest exterminator is out and about at 6:30 AM? The guy shouldn't be sleeping, but I had no idea Orkin or whoever got such an early start.
              I worked(temporarily) until my academy started. I woke up at 4:00 a.m. and started the shift in AZ summers at 5:00 a.m. and did not get home until 6:30 - 7:00 p.m.
              Last edited by MCAPO; 01-26-2012, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chad7613 View Post
                Knowing some of the officer safety issues posed to the sleeping officer I don't think I would just leave them sleeping. I would probably knock on the window and ask them if they were OK. Once they responded I would leave.
                probably blowing the horn from across the lot would be better
                "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
                  Big props to the PIO. Not many departments would say that.
                  +1

My department would throw me under the bus if that was me in the article.

Comment

There is a local dept, (LSMO), around these parts that recognize that problem and have a room with a cot in it, (at least they did 10 yrs ago),....take a lunch and get a few zzz's
                    You would think that would be more common place to assist with a problem so these little moments dont happen. Im sure the majority of the time, these problems are accidental...If the officer pictured had a pillow, teddy bear and blankie then I wouldnt have a problem with Mr. John "I pay Taxes!" Public, snapping a shot, but I doubt this was a planned event
                    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

I forgot about this one..

I have had to wake up an officer that was working part time for me. He did not respond when I called him over the radio. He was sent home early and never asked to return. Many factors played into that decision though... it was his first time working so he should have been on point, his radio was turned on and on the highest volume possible, and he had an attitude when I told him he would need to stand outside of his car the rest of his shift.

Comment

Originally posted by chad7613 View Post
                        We had a kid fall asleep during class when I was in HS. The teacher told us to very quietly get up and leave the room leaving the kid in the room. The teacher then made a very loud noise while outside and the kid got up, grabbed his bag and started to leave the room thinking it was passing period. LOL.
                        i did that except i actually slept through 3 periods and woke up to a bunch of younger sophmores and a different teacher staring at me. i slept everyday in that english class. i passed it with an A too =)
                        Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

I have 'heard' of M-80s being rolled under the radio cars of sleeping deputies who had been off training for about 5 minutes or so.

Not that I can confirm nor deny that or anything of the sort.......
                          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                            I have 'heard' of M-80s being rolled under the radio cars of sleeping deputies who had been off training for about 5 minutes or so. Not that I can confirm nor deny that or anything of the sort.......
                            Not gonna get into that, other than our preferred explosive was a string of black cats........on video whenever possible.

I've had a few catnaps over the years after being in court all day or whatever and then trying to pull a night shift, working a double, etc. It happens. You just have to do it safely if possible, and not make a habit of it. We all had our holes that we crawled into from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by anachranerd View Post
                              What ever happened to common courtesy? Knock on his window, make sure he's allright, and go on with your business. Sheeesh...
                              +1

I give mad props to that department.

Comment

Originally posted by MDYoung View Post
                                +1

I give mad props to that department.

I was talking to a friend on the department yesterday.

The guy that took the photo was NOT the one that sent it to the media/department. The exterminator came into the PD last week after this hit the media to apologize to the officer.......................

His story is that he thought it "was funny" and took the photo--------------sent it to two people laughing.
                                It got forwarded------------------------and forwarded=someone sent it to the media and the department.

The department handled this in a very professional manner......................they still have not ID'ed the officer to the press, and have no plans to do so........................it is an internal discipline measure & Iowa is covered under a Peace Officer Bill of Rights law.
                                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4095 users online. 248 members and 3847 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X