300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amw being cut by fox

The FOX network wants to remove America's Most Wanted from the Saturday night lineup and just have four, two hour specials during the year. I feel this is a slap in the face to Law Enforcement and America. When I see how many fugitives have been captured because of AMW I think it is a shame for FOX to cut this program. If you LEO's agree with me please send FOX an email and give them a piece of your mind.

Is it just AMW or is it also Cops?

I find it funny when networks, especially FOX, cut "anchor" shows for new shows, thinking it's going to work out. Not realizing their viewership for those days/hours are for those particular shows, not because they like the network.
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Worse than that, their current plan is to show re-runs of syndicated programs in that time-slot. That makes a lot of sense.

-V

Comment

If I fired off an e-mail or a letter to everyone who ever, in any way, "slapped LE and America in the face," I'd have carpel tunnel within a week, or two.

Just my .02 but after all, in the final analysis, FOX is a business for profit. When it's not turning a huge profit any longer, it's probably time to re-assess, re-invent, or re-package the product...or let someone else take over the brand. There are soooooo many networks on cable who could, if they wanted to, pick it up and still get the word out as AMW has done. Should we have raised this same issue when NBC put Unsolved Mysteries out to pasture?

AMW has done great things and has had a great run. Maybe, just maybe, they're getting tired and slowing down on their own. Maybe they're savoring their successes and deciding to "declare victory and move on" rather than fizzle out. I just heard Jerry Lewis is going to finally step down. Was AMW supposed to go on like the the labor day telethon for another two decades? May God bless John Walsh for what he's done and give him comfort, a sense of personal satisfaction and some emotional relief for the reasons he got involved in the first place.
        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by RLRay View Post
          The FOX network wants to remove America's Most Wanted from the Saturday night lineup and just have four, two hour specials during the year. I feel this is a slap in the face to Law Enforcement and America. When I see how many fugitives have been captured because of AMW I think it is a shame for FOX to cut this program. If you LEO's agree with me please send FOX an email and give them a piece of your mind.
          Exactly HOW is this a 'slap in the face' to law enforcement?

The last time I checked, FOX (and every other media outlet) is a business FOR PROFIT.....if the show no longer fits that bill, then they are going to remove it and go with something else that makes more $$$$$$.

I never watched AMW anyway.....or Cops for that matter, except when they had LASD on for the one season.
          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

AMW sucks. well, not really AMW but John Walsh is a tool.
            Originally posted by crass cop
            Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LaPlaca View Post
              AMW sucks. well, not really AMW but John Walsh is a tool.
              Exactly, I feel bad for his families loss, but John Walsh is still a d-bag

Comment

you ever see the AMW COPS episode? think it was in Jacksonville Florida. Walsh is riding with some poor bastard and they hook up a guy for, i dont know, jaywalking. Walsh goes up to the bad guy, whos handcuffed, points his finger at him and says, "Youre in big trouble now buddy". Like thats the hardest thing anyone has ever said to another person...

I just sat there like, this guy truly is an idiot.
                Originally posted by crass cop
                Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

AMW did some good despite Walsh and it was one of the better shows out there compared to now.
                  Life is what you make of it

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                    Exactly HOW is this a 'slap in the face' to law enforcement?

The last time I checked, FOX (and every other media outlet) is a business FOR PROFIT.....if the show no longer fits that bill, then they are going to remove it and go with something else that makes more $$$$$$.

I never watched AMW anyway.....or Cops for that matter, except when they had LASD on for the one season.

Those were good. When dude blasted himself w/ that .357 during an arrest, I about shat myself.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the DOJ subsidizes AMW under the guise of governmental interest.

Comment

I can't stand John 'Sensationalize' Bunnell, so I only watched maybe two episodes of AMW.

Disregard, I have my hosts mixed up.
                        Last edited by Till; 05-18-2011, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnumForce View Post
                          I wouldn't be surprised if the DOJ subsidizes AMW under the guise of governmental interest.
                          So what if they do....?

Comment

Meh...I'm surprised it's made it this long. I honestly had no idea it was even still on. I won't miss it.
                            Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
                            Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                              So what if they do....?
                              Then CourtTV will want subsidies. Then COPS will want subsidies. Then the first 48 will want subsidies. Then Speeders will want subsidies. Then CSI will want subsidies. ....dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4200 users online. 208 members and 3992 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X