300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge Rules Against CCW in CA

Sheriff is not obligated to issue CCW permits without cause or need............

Prieto Ruling
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Everybody sit down, relax, and wait. The OCers will soon be here to explain how this judge's decision violates the Constitution and all its amendments.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
      Everybody sit down, relax, and wait. The OCers will soon be here to explain how this judge's decision violates the Constitution and all its amendments.
      Can't wait, can you?

Comment

The simple answer is known as a "shall issue" ccw law.

Bill
        Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

Ocer's, why don't you go to your own board and make your rants? I for one am sick of your posts and opinions about your rights being violated and feeling the need to "educate" the LEO's on this board
          "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

The constitution and laws are a part of general law enforcement topics in the public forums are they not? This website has a section for LE only posts does it not?

Comment

Originally posted by magnumforce View Post
              the constitution and laws are a part of general law enforcement topics in the public forums are they not? This website has a section for le only posts does it not?
              no!

these are private forums for law enforcement. we reserve the right to remove non-leo members, anti-le or inappropriate posts and users without warning.
              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKingTrooper View Post
                Ocer's, why don't you go to your own board and make your rants? I for one am sick of your posts and opinions about your rights being violated and feeling the need to "educate" the LEO's on this board
                Some of you plainly do need educated about the laws in your own states. Ignorance of the law would be a lot more palatable than "I know the law and choose to enforce my OWN laws on that subject". I know for a fact that sworn officers (I talked to one last weekend) read some the viewpoints here about OC and it really puzzles them. I think that is great really, it means that where I live the LEO are a hell of a lot more like me than some of the rabid anti CCW and OC folks here.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by willbird View Post
                  Some of you plainly do need educated about the laws in your own states. Ignorance of the law would be a lot more palatable than "I know the law and choose to enforce my OWN laws on that subject". I know for a fact that sworn officers (I talked to one last weekend) read some the viewpoints here about OC and it really puzzles them. I think that is great really, it means that where I live the LEO are a hell of a lot more like me than some of the rabid anti CCW and OC folks here.

Bill
                  And I think you need to recognize that big cities are a lot different than small towns and rural areas. My guess is that your openly carrying a weapon in downtown Cleveland would not be as well received as in podunk. That is certainly the way it was when I lived in Virginia.

I also disagree with your assessment that officers here are "rabid" in opposing the carrying of weapons by civilians. While the majority may be opposed to the open carrying of weapons because of the problems it creates, most support more liberal issuance of CCW permits.

The stunts in which people carry weapons to bait the police generate opposition. In urban areas, they also have the predictable effect of increasing public hostility to gun owners.
                  Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Bill
                    Really? Educated? Surely not by someone as bigoted and and antiLEO as you LOL
                    "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Bill
                      Here, let me educate you about the OPEN CARRY in Ohio:

Open Carry In Ohio

Oops! Permit? OMG........Seems the great state of Ohio is rather restrictive.........

Comment

The simple answer is known as a "shall issue" ccw law.

Bill
                        Unfortunately, that's not going to get passed by the CA legislature.

When are the idiots going to realize that the 2nd Amendment doesn't mean "anywhere, anytime, any gun, by any carrier"? CCW (in public places) can be regulated by the states as a privilege. Open carry (in public places) isn't a right in every state and those states that want to restrict or permit it can do so. Minors don't have the right to purchase/possess firearms without parental approval and participation, and some people (mentally ill, convicted felons, etc...) can be prohibited outright from owning any guns.

The key word is reasonable (as in restrictions), but I guess some people just can get past reason...
                        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                          Unfortunately, that's not going to get passed by the CA legislature.

When are the idiots going to realize that the 2nd Amendment doesn't mean "anywhere, anytime, any gun, by any carrier"? CCW (in public places) can be regulated by the states as a privilege. Open carry (in public places) isn't a right in every state and those states that want to restrict or permit it can do so. Minors don't have the right to purchase/possess firearms without parental approval and participation, and some people (mentally ill, convicted felons, etc...) can be prohibited outright from owning any guns.

The key word is reasonable (as in restrictions), but I guess some people just can get past reason...
                          But "reasonable" runs the gamut from "shall issue" to how Ohio used to be "No ccw for anybody anytime anywhere".

CCW laws run the gamut from VT and Alaska, and a few others states that say essentially "go right ahead" to outright prohibition....or only the politically connected and LE affiliated. But the

I do agree it is to a states rights issue, and then LEOSA flies right in the face of that idea doesn't it ?

Officers themselves do not always agree to restrictions where THEY are restricted...for example in Ohio if you go to court on your own business, as a sworn LE you do it just like I have to, disarmed. If you enter a business in Ohio, that is posted no CC, and you are carrying under LEOSA...you eat right beside me(actually I spend my money elsewhere), both of us disarmed (if we are law abiding). Same thing if you slip over the state line to go car shopping in Ohio and the dealer is posted (lots of them are)...if your law abiding you disarm.

I'm sure you could find a LOT of debate about those reasonable restrictions.

Bill
                          Last edited by willbird; 05-17-2011, 10:58 AM.

Comment

"Obviously it doesn't do anyone any good to walk around with an unloaded gun, especially in public, because that's just an advertisement for a criminal to take it off your person," Gura said. "They're not going to have time to start loading their handgun. Criminal events usually play out more quickly than that."

True, but DAMN, you look like a bad***!
                            Originally posted by crass cop
                            Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

I know for a fact that sworn officers (I talked to one last weekend) read some the viewpoints here about OC and it really puzzles them.

Bill

I know for a FACT that astronauts (I read about one in a book) dont really enjoy TANG as much as people think.
                              Originally posted by crass cop
                              Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4849 users online. 278 members and 4571 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X