300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POPCORN anyone?
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by HardBall View Post
      Thank you for the civil and informative response to my thread about the best type of martial art training.

There seems to be a concensus that '90% of fights go to the ground.'
      Based on my experiences and observations I would concur with this statement. My question is this-
      Why do you think most fights go to the ground?

Is it because the suspect is highly skilled at takedowns or is it because most officers lack offensive tactics skills and the officers just jump on the guy, pin him down and hope for the best.

I was impressed by the level of knowledge in the other responses- I'm interested in what you think about this question.
      I put people on the ground for control during a high risk arrest, or when things go dynamic. Depending on the level of resistance, I could use bone breaks, eye gouges, throat punches, groin strikes, or use my knife in various ways, just to name a few higher end methods. I don't do theses things everytime, but they have thier place.

I rarely hope for the best, because I believe I will win. Every time. Mindset plays a gigantic part in my professional life. Taking my life will be expensive.

Comment

"Detective" hardball....no need to be a dik....
        From your follow up comment,
        "When the fights do go to the ground, do you feel it is due to a calculated attack by the officer, or is it some random dog pile that jusst happens when two low skilled people collide?", I now believe youre a troll and NOT a cop.
        ever watch MMA???...they go to the ground...perhaps they are just "2 low skilled people" colliding?
        If I may quote Bob and Doug MacKenzie..."Take off, hoser!"
        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
        The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
        sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
        Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          POPCORN anyone?
          Yes, over here!

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
            Hey Cool!

I live in Jersey too, I'm a detective as well!

PM me for the opportunity to kick my *** and teach me a lesson.

M-11
            Please, Detective, send him my way when he's finished with you. I might grapple different than you boys...or with his boys
            sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

"Y" would you people doubt his profile...?
              -"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine

Comment

Hey Hardball I'd pay to see you "kick M-11's ***."

Comment

Cause 10 years on the job should give you enough experience in how our fights go
                  Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Oh and now a days the taser usually puts people on the ground before I do.
                    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Ok I will give the real reason why fights end up on the ground. You see unlike martial arts movies we really can not fly through the air and fight while jumping from tree to tree, so the only other real choice is to fight on the ground.
                      Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

^^^^^^

You don't learn Segal Vision in the Academy
                        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Ahh Segal did not jump from tree to tree because those would have to be big strong oak trees to handle his weight. I was reference the old saturday morning black belt theater movies.
                          Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Originally posted by vincelli View Post
                            This isn't a cop thing.

LE Agencies have actually done studies and found that the VAST majority of fights (LE and non-LE) end up on the ground.

There are tons of opinions, theories, etc., but I don't focus so much on trying to figure out why as it's obvious it is a fact of life. Better to prepare for it since there have also been a ton of LE studies that prove that we just don't do that good when it does go to the ground.

Would recommend that if your DT or current training doesn't contain much about ground-fighting, look into improving it. Whatever the ultimate reason, I doubt it's gonna change anytime soon.

Stay Safe, Brothers and Sisters.

-V
                            A friend of mine went through the academy not to long ago and she showed me some videos of their DT class. There was a good portion of it that was spent on the ground. She even had to fight off an opponent who was standing up while she was on her knees. It was awesome.
                            "I'm sorry, did you see my care face? Because I'm pretty sure I didn't show it to you becuase I DON'T care. Have a nice day. "

Comment

Originally posted by Jiu-Jitsu Cop View Post
                              You see unlike martial arts movies we really can not fly through the air and fight while jumping from tree to tree, .
                              Speak for yourself!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5070 users online. 321 members and 4749 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X