X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smurfette_76
    replied
    Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
    Well it was nice knowing you. Bless Your Heart and don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you "Detective"
    This blessing has been endorsed by Smurfette.

Leave a comment:

• KapsFB
    replied
    Originally posted by HardBall View Post
    Mostly good answers. A few idiots who have probably never been in a fight but that's to be expected.

When I say fights go to the ground and you say Gravity, that is just ignorance- you are dismissed. Thank you for coming.

When the fights do go to the ground, do you feel it is due to a calculated attack by the officer, or is it some random dog pile that jusst happens when two low skilled people collide?

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    The easiest way to have control over someone, no matter the size, is to be on top of them.
    That's what she said

When I say fights go to the ground and you say Gravity, that is just ignorance- you are dismissed. Thank you for coming.
    Well it was nice knowing you. Bless Your Heart and don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you "Detective"

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    double post
    Last edited by jcioccke; 05-17-2011, 04:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LaPlaca
    replied
    Mostly good answers. A few idiots who have probably never been in a fight but that's to be expected.

When the fights do go to the ground, do you feel it is due to a calculated attack by the officer, or is it some random dog pile that jusst happens when two low skilled people collide?

About HardBall

Are You Employed in the Law Enforcement Industry
    Yes

Are You a Sworn Police Officer
    Yes

Rank/Title
    detective

Years Experience
    a long time

Occupation
    detective

How did you find Officer.com?
    google

Is it just me or do the questions posed by this guy not match the profile....?

Leave a comment:

• jakflak
    replied
    Is it because the suspect is highly skilled at takedowns or is it because most officers lack offensive tactics skills and the officers just jump on the guy, pin him down and hope for the best.
    They go to the ground because I put them there.

And I'm offended by your disrespectful question. You list two possibilities of why it goes to the ground, and both of your possibilities are basically that the officer is too incompetent to prevent it. Fights go to the ground because it's easier to handcuff someone who's facedown on the ground with my knee in their back.

Leave a comment:

• HardBall
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KapsFB
    replied
    Fights end on the ground because that's where we put them.

Gently of course. Using the minumum amount of force necessary to gain lawful compliance.

***I second the 'blessing'***

Leave a comment:

• NextGenOfc
    replied
    I vote for a "blessing"

Leave a comment:

• Smurfette_76
    replied
    I swear. The questions we get around here scare the beejezus out of me. Seriously? Why do fights end up on the ground? Ever heard of GRAVITY. If your next question is why do ice cubes melt in the sun, I'm going to either scream or bless you.

Leave a comment:

• crass cop
    replied
    Originally posted by M-11 View Post
    My fights go to the ground because it is hard for me to punch someone laying on the ground from a standing position.

M-11
    tee hee!!

Leave a comment:

• Bounce
    replied
    random, unskilled grappling, is pretty common as a(n) (un)tactic by most people.

Leave a comment:

• celticpilot
    replied
    Because picking them up, raising them up above you, and then twirling them over your head like a helicopter could cause them to throw up on you...

Leave a comment:

• HardBall
    replied
    can someone share a video of an officer bringing a suspect to the ground then using a joint lock to gain compliance (as referenced above)

Leave a comment:

• Jiu-Jitsu Cop
    replied
    Additonally to what has been posted in the various previous post, it is easier ot handcuff a resisting person on the ground then when standing. Much easier to control someone if you are on top...in general.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4302 users online. 292 members and 4010 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X