Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can someone share a video of an officer bringing a suspect to the ground then using a joint lock to gain compliance (as referenced above)
    10% of the cops do 90% of the work

Comment

Because picking them up, raising them up above you, and then twirling them over your head like a helicopter could cause them to throw up on you...
      -"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine

Comment

random, unskilled grappling, is pretty common as a(n) (un)tactic by most people.

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
          My fights go to the ground because it is hard for me to punch someone laying on the ground from a standing position.

M-11
          tee hee!!
          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
          The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
          sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
          Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

I swear. The questions we get around here scare the beejezus out of me. Seriously? Why do fights end up on the ground? Ever heard of GRAVITY. If your next question is why do ice cubes melt in the sun, I'm going to either scream or bless you.
            sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I vote for a "blessing"

Comment

Fights end on the ground because that's where we put them.

Gently of course. Using the minumum amount of force necessary to gain lawful compliance.

***I second the 'blessing'***
                sigpic
                Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Mostly good answers. A few idiots who have probably never been in a fight but that's to be expected.

When I say fights go to the ground and you say Gravity, that is just ignorance- you are dismissed. Thank you for coming.

When the fights do go to the ground, do you feel it is due to a calculated attack by the officer, or is it some random dog pile that jusst happens when two low skilled people collide?
                  10% of the cops do 90% of the work

Comment

Originally posted by HardBall View Post
                    Is it because the suspect is highly skilled at takedowns or is it because most officers lack offensive tactics skills and the officers just jump on the guy, pin him down and hope for the best.
                    They go to the ground because I put them there.

And I'm offended by your disrespectful question. You list two possibilities of why it goes to the ground, and both of your possibilities are basically that the officer is too incompetent to prevent it. Fights go to the ground because it's easier to handcuff someone who's facedown on the ground with my knee in their back.

Comment

Mostly good answers. A few idiots who have probably never been in a fight but that's to be expected.

When I say fights go to the ground and you say Gravity, that is just ignorance- you are dismissed. Thank you for coming.

When the fights do go to the ground, do you feel it is due to a calculated attack by the officer, or is it some random dog pile that jusst happens when two low skilled people collide?

About HardBall

Are You Employed in the Law Enforcement Industry
                      Yes

Are You a Sworn Police Officer
                      Yes

Rank/Title
                      detective

Years Experience
                      a long time

Occupation
                      detective

How did you find Officer.com?
                      google

Is it just me or do the questions posed by this guy not match the profile....?
                      Originally posted by crass cop
                      Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

double post
                        Last edited by jcioccke; 05-17-2011, 04:15 PM.
                        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

The easiest way to have control over someone, no matter the size, is to be on top of them.
                          That's what she said

Well it was nice knowing you. Bless Your Heart and don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you "Detective"
                          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

sigpic
                            Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                            And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                              Well it was nice knowing you. Bless Your Heart and don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you "Detective"
                              This blessing has been endorsed by Smurfette.
                              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Hey Cool!

I live in Jersey too, I'm a detective as well!

PM me for the opportunity to kick my *** and teach me a lesson.

M-11
                                “All men dream...... But not equally..
                                Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                                but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                                for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2820 users online. 178 members and 2642 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X