300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Springfield Threatened to Kill Cop

Looks like another celebrity toolbag who thinks he's above the law and can speak with impunity.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ll/?test=faces

Published May 16, 2011 | TMZ

Rick Springfield threatened to kill a deputy sheriff and the deputy's family the night he was arrested for drunk driving, yet there is no mention of the incident in the arrest report, law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Springfield was arrested in Malibu on May 1 and blew a .10 -- above the legal limit.

Sources tell us Springfield was extremely angry after the deputy said his $200G 1963 Corvette Stingray would be towed away. Law enforcement sources tell us, Springfield yelled to the deputy, "If you tow my car, I will f**king kill you and your family."

Law enforcement sources tell us back at the Malibu/Lost Hills Sheriff's Station, the captain who runs the station asked the deputy, "Did you really feel threatened?" Our sources say some of the deputies at the station felt it was a loaded question, trying to minimize Springfield's statement.

In the end, our sources say there was no mention of the threat in the arrest report -- the report merely says Springfield was "belligerent."

You may recall, the Malibu/Lost Hills Sheriff's Station is the place where the Mel Gibson 2006 DUI arrest report was rewritten to exclude Mel's anti-Semitic rant.

As for Springfield, his rep gave TMZ this statement: "Someone has leaked information illegally. It's a sad reflection on society today that people in law enforcement who we look up to, pander to the celebrity gossip channels."

LA County Sheriff's Dept. spokesman Steve Whitmore tells TMZ, "It is rare when a drunk doesn't say something outlandish to police when they're arrested. I have no idea what went down with this one, I wasn't there, but drunks are notorious for saying stupid, outlandish things to law enforcement all the time. Law enforcement's job is to get them off the streets, because they're drunk."

The D.A. currently has the file and is deciding whether to charge Springfield with DUI.
    sigpic
    Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
    And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Isn't he like 64 + now? What a douc-- bag!!
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Hopefully Jenny is a lawyer because we all know he has her number.
      Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

If he's that impaired, and there is no belief that he will carry the "threat" out, it's not a loaded question nor is it a threat. TMZ is well known for their accurate reporting...
        Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Jesse is a friend
          MDRDEP:

Comment

Originally posted by Jiu-Jitsu Cop View Post
            Hopefully Jenny is a lawyer because we all know he has her number.
            Wrong artist...Tommy Tutone sang Jenny. He teaches English, now.
            "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

oh he's just the usual drunk yesteryear celeb who says crazy crap when they are drunk.... I hope that Jessie isn't mad about him wanting his girl....

Comment

That's no way to "talk to strangers"
                MDRDEP:

Comment

do you still have his poster on your door?

Comment

I'm ashamed I know all of these songs. But hey I better "Love Somebody or I will "Bop to I drop"
                    MDRDEP:

Comment

Just another one-hit-wonder trying to act up so he can get on Celebrity Apprentice and try to jump start a long dead career. I wouldn't feel threatened either. I'd feel bad about towing such a beautiful car though.....I'd also feel bad that such a beautiful car would be subjected to such a tool for a driver/owner.
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by Smurfette
                      Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                      Originally posted by DAL
                      You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop
                        Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

I was wondering if the officer was named Jessie and had a hot girlfriend.....

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
                            Just another one-hit-wonder trying to act up so he can get on Celebrity Apprentice and try to jump start a long dead career.
                            Celebrity Apprentice, or Celbrity Rehab with Dr. Drew?
                            "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Laplaca if his act with the Deputy wasn't enough to make me change the channel that picture will haunt me now -forever
                              MDRDEP:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6475 users online. 339 members and 6136 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X