300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This young man is in big trouble.

Kevin Coffay, accused of being the driver in the accident that killed three people in Olney, is in jail after fleeing the scene and later attempting to elude police.

According to Montgomery County District Court records, he has been charged with the following five offenses: failure to immediately return and remain at scene of accident involving bodily injury; failure to immediately stop vehicle at scene of accident involving death; failure of driver involved in accident to render reasonable assistance to injured person; failure of vehicle driver in accident to report (bodily injury, death, attended vehicle damage,property damage) to nearest police; and attempt by driver to elude uniformed police by fleeing on foot.

Coffay's bond has been set at $500,000.

Original story: Three people were killed in a single-vehicle car accident early Sunday morning in Olney, police say.

Montgomery County Police investigators say that the car, a silver 2007 Toyota Corolla, hit a tree on the right side of the road in the 4700 block of Olney Laytonsville Road just after 3 a.m.

Spencer Datt and Haeley N. McGuire, both 18 and from Rockville, were killed in the crash, as was 20-year-old John Hoover of Rockville.

Spencer Datt
    Two others in the vehicle, Kevin Coffay, 20, of Rockville and Charles Anthony Nardella, 19, Gaithersburg, were injured. Coffay, the driver of the car, fled the scene before police arrived. He was apprehended three hours after the collision.

Both Coffay and Nardella suffered non-life threatening injuries.

The accident is still under investigation.
    http://www.wjla.com/articles/2011/05...ent-60754.html

Video with story.

Also I don't understand this charge. failure to immediately stop vehicle at scene of accident involving death Stop what vehicle? The car he crashed could not go anywhere.
    It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Originally posted by Justsaying View Post
    Also I don't understand this charge. failure to immediately stop vehicle at scene of accident involving death Stop what vehicle? The car he crashed could not go anywhere.
    It is called the "The book being thrown".

Something if not all will stick.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Originally posted by jcioccke
    After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

Comment

You would have to read the exact statute to see if the wording of the statute also includes leaving the scene (in other ways than driving.)
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

How do you drive a car into a tree and leave your friends to die? Sad thing is his mommy and daddy will lawyer up and get him off of some charges, if he was drunk some slimy lawyer will say he could have gotten drunk after the crash. Thankfully there is a survivor and hope he will be able to tell the investigators everything.

I know a lady that lost her 15 year old daughter in a crash, the driver spent a few months in jail and lost her license for only one year, this was in Wisconsin. The driver was not drunk just going too fast. Two passengers died in that crash one survived and she talked to the police and told them everything. The driver was mad at her for telling the police the truth and turned everyone against her. What is wrong with some of these kids? I guess they don't understand the impact of death.
        It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by 10-7Alpha View Post
          It is called the "The book being thrown".

Something if not all will stick.
          They are not done with him, sounds like more charges are coming.

Comment

What is wrong with some of these kids?
            IMO, it all started when "timeouts" replaced getting spanked.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio5-0 View Post
              You might be right. Kids have so much, cellphones, cars and whatever and parents want to be friends with their kids. My parents are not my friends, we have a good relationship and I still respect them, I am in my 50s and lucky to still have them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio5-0 View Post
                No kidding. Kids arent taught consequences anymore. Whatever you want is fine and if someone doesnt like it mommy will go complain and the teacher, sitter, cop, etc will be in trouble not you. You can see it in your simple traffic stops. I dont know how many traffic stops I do now where some 22 y/o "childs" parents come roaring up demanding answers and swearing their little angel was just driving down the street to tell the world about the love of Jesus when the big mean cop pulled him over. And he wasnt speeding he told them so himself!

Comment

Originally posted by HCSO511 View Post
                  No kidding. Kids arent taught consequences anymore. Whatever you want is fine and if someone doesnt like it mommy will go complain and the teacher, sitter, cop, etc will be in trouble not you. You can see it in your simple traffic stops. I dont know how many traffic stops I do now where some 22 y/o "childs" parents come roaring up demanding answers and swearing their little angel was just driving down the street to tell the world about the love of Jesus when the big mean cop pulled him over. And he wasnt speeding he told them so himself!
                  You are kidding right?

Comment

You are kidding right?
                    No ---not kidding.

Jr is on the phone or texting Mommy/Daddy all the time..........
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

which is why they were speeding, running red lights, causing accidents....

Comment

To me it sounds like failure of nerve, pure and simple. Doesn't sound like the product of any sort of thinking at all.

It seems to me like THE chief lesson of maturity is taking responsibility for oneself and facing the consequences of one's actions without trying to deflect blame. If you are still trying to blame others for your actions (or your kid's actions!) you are still immature, no matter how many years you've been breathing.

It has got to be tough for a kid to learn what it means to be mature when he or she is raised by immature parents in a culture that prizes having a Teflon coat.
                        We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
                        but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

How do you drive a car into a tree and leave your friends to die?
                          Something to keep in mind... When someone suffers from even a minor head injury, what might seem irrational or stupid to a sane individual it might otherwise be perceived as normal or "instinct" to the victim. I'm not saying that's what happened, but it does happen A LOT, even more so when some type of stimulant is involved.
                          Semper Paratus/Always Ready
                          Originally posted by jakflak
                          The bottom line: always be nice to the magic voice. All hail the magic voice!!
                          Originally posted by Michigan
                          I have a 1 year old daughter and at this rate I'm almost certain I'm going to end up in prison by the time she's 15 years old. I swear, the first guy that that comes knocking on my door holding onto a naked photo of my daughter.....

Don't bother telling me, "oh it's her fault too".... I know, I have double standards. Deal with it.

: )

Comment

That's a good point, -A-.

A "jog to the Jello" doesn't help anyone think straight.
                            We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
                            but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

Update. The kid got a ticket for going 80 on an exit ramp, went to court and had it reduced to 9 over. He had a crash another time where speed was the cause, people were hurt. This kid has a problem and should never be allowed to drive again. He will be in court today. Daddy may be looking for another insurance company if the kid is on his policy.
                              Last edited by Justsaying; 05-16-2011, 08:48 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4154 users online. 255 members and 3899 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X