300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car accidents caused by people watching the cops

Not really the best title but I'm going to keep it. Anyways, I was driving out to work yesterday and there was a cop pulled over on the side of the road, all lit up so everyone knew to go around. I looked and no one was pulled over but he was talking to people on the side of the road. Now, this is 5pm, rush hour traffic on a 4 lane street. EVERYONE ignores their driving and looks over to the cop. Next thing I know, the person in front of me stops their car to turn left. So I obviously slow down and wait for them to turn. I look in my rear-view mirror and this woman has her head completely turned towards the cop car. She then slams on her brakes, nearly rear ending me and causing a bigger problem for the cop. I was convinced that I was going to be hit but thank god she was driving a small Buick and not some F350.

Anyways, what I'm trying to get at is how many times have you seen an accident result from other people watching you and not the road or seeing what happened in another accident?

Pretty happy I escaped Friday the 13th with no problems
    He once brought a knife to a gun fight, just to even the odds.

He once ran a marathon backwards, just to see what second place looked like.

lots of times...rubberneckers are terrible
    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

When I taught a traffic violator school class in CA I had a couple of students end up in there because they ran red lights. Why did they run the red light? Because there was a marked unit behind them, and they were paying so much attention to what was behind them that they never noticed what was going on in front of them (like the red light in front of them).

Do a ride-along & you'll be amazed at the amount of cranial-rectum inversion happening around you, simply because they see the car you're riding in.
      This Space For Rent

Comment

haha ^^^ yes...and those who sit at green lights because theyre too busy watching me behind them
        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
        The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
        sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
        Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Damn. I just posted something similar in the videotaping thread. Guess I should have put it in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post

Do a ride-along & you'll be amazed at the amount of cranial-rectum inversion happening around you, simply because they see the car you're riding in.
            been on many but mostly they just stare at us when we're sitting somewhere doing paperwork.
            He once brought a knife to a gun fight, just to even the odds.

He once ran a marathon backwards, just to see what second place looked like.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
              Try driving a non-traditional unmarked squad for a bit. Gives a whole new meaning to cranial-rectal inversion...
              Originally posted by kontemplerande
              Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

I think that is why firefighter and police get hit by cars, they are not looking. That is why we block our work area with fire trucks.
                It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
                  Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't type thing. When driving, and you see the lights, for whatever reason, you have to slow down. If it's a crash, then you definitely have to slow down, because there are people working the scene. Signs on the roadway tell you that you have to use caution when seeing emergency lights. Slowing down is kind of an automatic.

What I get annoyed by is when news agencies refer to "gawkers". Who exactly are the people hanging around watching the scene? Probably not the ones who want to go home.

Comment

I deal with it going to work and coming home very day. I can't stand it. I mean you have never seen a car pulled over in your life?

I glance over and think " Better him/her than me and go about my day.
                    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

This is precisely why you're issued such a large flashlight. It's perfectly designed to be thrown at, and defeat, the windshield of the idiot who decides he wants to stop in the middle of the interstate and stare at what you're dealing with. Just be sure to borrow somebody else's light before you do this, that way they get to explain why they need a new flashlight.

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
                        haha ^^^ yes...and those who sit at green lights because theyre too busy watching me behind them
                        I firmly believe that driving a marked unit in medium to heavy traffic is the ultimate exercise in frustration.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2707 users online. 152 members and 2555 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X