Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bushranger
    replied
    I have found that an ancient oriental art called Hu Thlung Dung is the best for honing reflexes.

This skil is advantageous due to developing the ability of early recognition of when the 5h1t is about to hit the fan so you can avoid being covered in it.

Leave a comment:

• jjbledsoe
    replied
    What are the experienced opinions on Krav Maga in here? I realize it's not a "martial art" per se, but a proven extremely effective self-defense form. Not trying to derail thread - from what i've heard it would be my suggestion, but I really have not trained a single second of it.

Leave a comment:

• M-11
    replied
    My reccomendation;

Be strong, be fast, be ready to smash someones teeth into their brain stem, and get punched in the face a lot in training.

I'm a Mil Krav Guy, and when we go at 100% with headgear and bag gloves, I have learned more in 1 minute than I did in weeks of classes.

M-11

Leave a comment:

• Vorkon
    replied
    Originally posted by jannino View Post
    you should have just kicked him in the balls
    That's kind of a good example of JKD lol

Leave a comment:

• Rudy8116
    replied
    Im talking about who is a better martial artist.

Leave a comment:

• mp1161
    replied
    Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
    Segal better than Norris? You sir, are a Communist, and I bid you good day. *glove slap*
    So what are Norris' best movies that 'trump' seagal according to you? I got a bunch of them and they just arn't as good to me. And I am not talking about special effects or what-not. I'm talking action.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy8116
    replied
    ^^Same with Kung Fu^^

Leave a comment:

• NextGenOfc
    replied
    I take Brazilian Jiu-Jitus, it's really fun. It's pretty cool how bad you can hurt someone with just the basic knowledge of it

Leave a comment:

• jannino
    replied
    Originally posted by Jiu-Jitsu Cop View Post
    A quick true story here........ I was walking in the hallway of the station when I was approached by a Sergeant. He wanted to show me a wrist lock by grabbing my fingers an bending them backwards. He said I could not get out of this hold. Well I did and told him all holds can be defeated. It kinda ****ed him off as there was alot of set up that went into his hold. On a side note......I tore the tendon in my middle finger during the excape and could not make a tight fist for about six months so I kinda feel stupid about it.
    you should have just kicked him in the balls

Leave a comment:

• Jiu-Jitsu Cop
    replied
    Originally posted by NavySAR View Post
    Coming to Steven Segal's defense... do you know what kind of backround he has in martial arts? Aikido does not involve "throwing" people, such as Judo does. Aikido is more in to redirecting your opponent's energy. Steven Segal(cheesy movies or not) was the first white person to be able to open a Dojo in Japan. He first had to prove himself through competition, and apparently did pretty good. Steven Segal is considered to be one of the greatest martial artist ever!(before he got fat). I'm actually making my boys grow pony-tails to honor him(j/k).

Back on a sub-serious note... I took Uechi-Ryu and Aikido for about five years. The gentleman in my Avatar happened to be on the receiving-end of my Uechi-Ryu.

Almost any style you study will give you an edge. The majority of your fights will end-up on the ground... nobody sits-around trading puches with a Cop like they're in the ring(that I have encountered). Bottom-line, I believe it will come down to whoever is more aggressive in the fight.

One of you is fighting for freedom, and the other is fighting for their life.

Info only I was aware of Steven Segals background. I merly used him as an examplt based on his style of Akido. I used him because many non martial artist know who he is. I could talk about small circle Jiu-Jitsu but not as many people are aware of that style. I want to make sure this is not left out, I believe that any training is better then not training. I love the martial arts and although I am bias to my styles a little (because they work good for me) I am not putting down other styles that may use wrist locks but just pointing out that they tend to take alot of trainiing and should not be used by a casual practicioner.

Also the reason I do not like wrist locks (And yes we use them in Polcie work) is that it relies on pain compliance. People on drugs, alot of alcohol, or simply crazy can overcome pain very easily. In reference to the 110lb girl vs the 240lb guy using a wrist lock I would pick the guy. A quick true story here........ I was walking in the hallway of the station when I was approached by a Sergeant. He wanted to show me a wrist lock by grabbing my fingers an bending them backwards. He said I could not get out of this hold. Well I did and told him all holds can be defeated. It kinda ****ed him off as there was alot of set up that went into his hold. On a side note......I tore the tendon in my middle finger during the excape and could not make a tight fist for about six months so I kinda feel stupid about it.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy8116
    replied
    Just cause someone is a buddahist wears the clothing, and talks like a hippy, doesn't make them a better martial artist. LOL

Leave a comment:

• crass cop
    replied
    Originally posted by mp1161 View Post
    Oh it's true. And I'll even go as far to say Seagal movies > Norris movies when both were in their prime.
    Well but keep in mind their primes were @ 15-20 years apart, as far as movies go...I believe Chuck Norris' movies were in the 70s and most of Segals were in the 90s..better special effects, explosions, etc

Leave a comment:

• Rudy8116
    replied
    Oh, and give me Walker, Texas Ranger over Segal:Lawman. Norris doesn't need that goofy supervision.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy8116
    replied
    Segal better than Norris? You sir, are a Communist, and I bid you good day. *glove slap*

Leave a comment:

• mp1161
    replied
    Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
    ^^At first I LOL'd, then I ROTFLMAO'd^^
    Oh it's true. And I'll even go as far to say Seagal movies > Norris movies when both were in their prime.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4781 users online. 297 members and 4484 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X