X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^At first I LOL'd, then I ROTFLMAO'd^^
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

A true story about Chuck Norris happened not long ago. He was in a 'bad' part of town and saw two guys walking towards him. Assuming they wanted an autograph, he walked up to them and smiled. They pulled knives and demanded his wallet. Chuck said, 'You know who I am, right?'

They said yes. Give us your wallet.

When the police later questioned the men while they were lying on the sidewalk bleeding, waiting patiently for EMS, the braniacs revealed that they thought the martial arts was just movie stuff.

They learned they were wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
        Joint locks are great for people who passively resisting, but dangerous to use on the crazy ones. Nonetheless, it is still worth learning and I learned my locks from a Jeet Kune Do instructor.

But most importantly, it doesn't matter what you choose. You can pick any of these styles. If you constantly train in it.. get hands on with it.. become proficient. You will take that knowledge and confidence with you. And that will give you the upper hand down the road.
        This^^^

Joint locks, come- alongs, are not negotiable, and are absolute ly mandatory to know.

Comment

Chuck Norris was once bitten by a poisonous snake. After 5 hours of terrible suffering, the snake died.

Believe it or not, that's also a true story.

Comment

^^It's no coincidence that that species of snake no longer exists.^^

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
              ^^At first I LOL'd, then I ROTFLMAO'd^^
              Oh it's true. And I'll even go as far to say Seagal movies > Norris movies when both were in their prime.

Comment

Segal better than Norris? You sir, are a Communist, and I bid you good day. *glove slap*

Comment

Oh, and give me Walker, Texas Ranger over Segal:Lawman. Norris doesn't need that goofy supervision.

Comment

Originally posted by mp1161 View Post
                    Oh it's true. And I'll even go as far to say Seagal movies > Norris movies when both were in their prime.
                    Well but keep in mind their primes were @ 15-20 years apart, as far as movies go...I believe Chuck Norris' movies were in the 70s and most of Segals were in the 90s..better special effects, explosions, etc
                    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Just cause someone is a buddahist wears the clothing, and talks like a hippy, doesn't make them a better martial artist. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by NavySAR View Post
                        Coming to Steven Segal's defense... do you know what kind of backround he has in martial arts? Aikido does not involve "throwing" people, such as Judo does. Aikido is more in to redirecting your opponent's energy. Steven Segal(cheesy movies or not) was the first white person to be able to open a Dojo in Japan. He first had to prove himself through competition, and apparently did pretty good. Steven Segal is considered to be one of the greatest martial artist ever!(before he got fat). I'm actually making my boys grow pony-tails to honor him(j/k).

Back on a sub-serious note... I took Uechi-Ryu and Aikido for about five years. The gentleman in my Avatar happened to be on the receiving-end of my Uechi-Ryu.

Almost any style you study will give you an edge. The majority of your fights will end-up on the ground... nobody sits-around trading puches with a Cop like they're in the ring(that I have encountered). Bottom-line, I believe it will come down to whoever is more aggressive in the fight.

One of you is fighting for freedom, and the other is fighting for their life.

Info only I was aware of Steven Segals background. I merly used him as an examplt based on his style of Akido. I used him because many non martial artist know who he is. I could talk about small circle Jiu-Jitsu but not as many people are aware of that style. I want to make sure this is not left out, I believe that any training is better then not training. I love the martial arts and although I am bias to my styles a little (because they work good for me) I am not putting down other styles that may use wrist locks but just pointing out that they tend to take alot of trainiing and should not be used by a casual practicioner.

Also the reason I do not like wrist locks (And yes we use them in Polcie work) is that it relies on pain compliance. People on drugs, alot of alcohol, or simply crazy can overcome pain very easily. In reference to the 110lb girl vs the 240lb guy using a wrist lock I would pick the guy. A quick true story here........ I was walking in the hallway of the station when I was approached by a Sergeant. He wanted to show me a wrist lock by grabbing my fingers an bending them backwards. He said I could not get out of this hold. Well I did and told him all holds can be defeated. It kinda ****ed him off as there was alot of set up that went into his hold. On a side note......I tore the tendon in my middle finger during the excape and could not make a tight fist for about six months so I kinda feel stupid about it.
                        Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiu-Jitsu Cop View Post
                          A quick true story here........ I was walking in the hallway of the station when I was approached by a Sergeant. He wanted to show me a wrist lock by grabbing my fingers an bending them backwards. He said I could not get out of this hold. Well I did and told him all holds can be defeated. It kinda ****ed him off as there was alot of set up that went into his hold. On a side note......I tore the tendon in my middle finger during the excape and could not make a tight fist for about six months so I kinda feel stupid about it.
                          you should have just kicked him in the balls

Comment

I take Brazilian Jiu-Jitus, it's really fun. It's pretty cool how bad you can hurt someone with just the basic knowledge of it

Comment

^^Same with Kung Fu^^

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                                Segal better than Norris? You sir, are a Communist, and I bid you good day. *glove slap*
                                So what are Norris' best movies that 'trump' seagal according to you? I got a bunch of them and they just arn't as good to me. And I am not talking about special effects or what-not. I'm talking action.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3509 users online. 220 members and 3289 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X