X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa Police Chase Ends With Shooting After Robbery

GOOD VIDEO

http://www.kcci.com/news/27885744/detail.html

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Des Moines police were involved in a chase and shooting after a credit union robbery on Friday.

Photos: Police Chase Ends With Shooting

Police spokesman Sgt. Christopher Scott said the robbery was reported at the Tradesman Credit Union at 1400 Second Ave. A man robbed the bank after passing a note to the teller saying he had a gun. He took off on foot.

Police said the man carjacked a van and a short chase ran from near the credit union onto Interstate 235 to and then off the interstate just south of the East University Avenue exit near I-235.

"Several squad cars were in the area, get into a little car chase with this van. As you can see the van came to a stop as result of a police cruiser," said Scott.
    Man shot after police chase, credit union robbery.

The chase ended near Hubbell Avenue and Burson Street around 12:35 p.m. At least three police cars are parked right next to a white van at the scene.

"When that car came to a stop, there were shots fired by the police department," said Scott.

Scott said Robin Brooks, 27, was shot at least once. Brooks was listed in stable condition on Friday afternoon.

Neighbors watched the chase and shooting happen right before their eyes.

"I just seen the smashing of the van hitting the car. I seen the guy come out with a gun an hit it drawn," said Tennille Scroggins. "All the sudden I seen the cop go after, try to get him and then I heard gunshots."

"The cops just opened fire on the van and then the guy jumped out with a gun," said Troy McConnell.

Witness Antonio Ramos, who lives near the scene, said the shots sounded like "a bunch of fireworks being popped."

Brooks was taken into custody at the scene and put in an ambulance.

Brooks was charged with attempted murder, first-degree theft and second-degree robbery.

A Second video
    http://www.DesMoinesRegister.com/vid...and-carjacking
    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 05-13-2011, 08:28 PM.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Pennsylvania ACT 120 Police Academy

Comment

Good job brothers!

Side note
      Here is a perfect example of public ejukashun.

"I just seen the smashing of the van hitting the car. I seen the guy come out with a gun an hit it drawn," said Tennille Scroggins. "All the sudden I seen the cop go after, try to get him and then I heard gunshots."
      Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

I'm glad the officers are okay, and the bad guy stopped.

I wonder if they'll debrief the bank employees? It's a scary business, being robbed.
        We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
        but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

I wonder if his head is always crooked or if that is his cool pose?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6240 users online. 337 members and 5903 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X