300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The identitiy of SEAL team 6

i just read that the SEAL team has to have guards around them now. too many threats against them.

i cannot believe this. It's not like their names are written in the newspaper. John Smith 1234 Main st. Anytown USA was the commander.....

So HOW are the terrorists able to get the info as to who the team members are and who their family members are.

I am sure that these team members tell their friends and associates they drive fuel trucks for the flight line or something like that.

The info is not public, so how do terrorists get their hands on this info?

care to cite the source of such information you have read. Let's just say... I live in the area where Seal Team Six is stationed... they don't advertise and you don't get to them without going through many others.
    Last edited by John0397; 05-13-2011, 03:27 PM. Reason: clarification of original point.

Comment

Those in the special operations community have always had "guards" around their secure sites stateside. That's nothing new.
      “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by JTShooter View Post
        Those in the special operations community have always had "guards" around their secure sites stateside. That's nothing new.
        Correct.....and leaving it at that.....

Comment

Besides they are all the sons of Chuck Norris, so there is no need to fear
          Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
          Albert Einstein

Comment

We don't know who they are - - - and we probably don't WANT to know who they are.

Just ask bin Laden. Ooops, forgot - CAN'T ask him.

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
            "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

It's just a matter of time before groups like ACLU demanding to release names of those involved in the incident and bring them to the trial.

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13379298

This is the article I was talking about

Comment

thanks for the link... as I suspected, it's not that the seals need more guards around them, they are just concerned now for their families security because of the idiotic release of details from the Bin Laden operation.... totally understandable.

Comment

Right, John, but the fact remains, How does someone outside specops know who is a SEAL or not.

So if you are indeed a SEAL but everyone except your wife knows you work for the Topography dept , or maybe fleet maint., how would a terrorist get the info to target your family? as far as everyone knows, you work with maps or wrenches. Is there a leak , giving this info out? If so, that leak needs to be shut down, rather quickly.

Do you see what I am saying?

Comment

Originally posted by btfp View Post
                      Right, John, but the fact remains, How does someone outside specops know who is a SEAL or not.

So if you are indeed a SEAL but everyone except your wife knows you work for the Topography dept , or maybe fleet maint., how would a terrorist get the info to target your family? as far as everyone knows, you work with maps or wrenches. Is there a leak , giving this info out? If so, that leak needs to be shut down, rather quickly.

Do you see what I am saying?
                      There are enemies within our system. Just like someone within our military sells out their own buddies for their own gains.

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
                        There are enemies within our system. Just like someone within our military sells out their own buddies for their own gains.
                        That, and those ***hats in Washington who are privy to some of the information, then jump on TV leaking info, just to be able to say, "I know something nobody else knows, and here it is."

They just need to learn to STFU.

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
                        "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

A co-worker of mine has a son who used to be a Navy SEAL back during the 1990s. Generally, the "street cover" used was that he was part of the Navy Band.

I guess the old axiom that loose lips sink ships still rings true today.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by btfp View Post
                            i just read that the SEAL team has to have guards around them now. too many threats against them.

i cannot believe this. It's not like their names are written in the newspaper. John Smith 1234 Main st. Anytown USA was the commander.....

So HOW are the terrorists able to get the info as to who the team members are and who their family members are.

I am sure that these team members tell their friends and associates they drive fuel trucks for the flight line or something like that.

The info is not public, so how do terrorists get their hands on this info?
                            Maybe people who weren't part of the team are lying and saying they were.

Comment

Seals getting protection? That's like saying Bill Clinton needs help getting a girl into bed.

Is there someone out there more qualified to protect a Seal than...the Seal?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4203 users online. 223 members and 3980 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X