X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be VERY careful where you park.

http://www.4029tv.com/r/27881186/detail.html

Woman Hit With Whopping $850 Parking Ticket

COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa -- An Iowa mom is out a total of $850 after a bad parking job.

Laura Sherman was trying to park for her son's all-day baseball tournament when she decided to jump a red curb and park on the grass.

She said she didn't see any signs, and followed the lead of other parents who parked on a grassy area near a parking lot.

"I looked, I didn't see any signs that said, 'No parking on the grass.' It's, you know, disappointing," Sherman told TV station KETV. "And my ticket is for $750 plus an $85 court fee, which makes it $835."

The Council Bluffs assistant city attorney said the ticket was well deserved.

"That shade tree out in the middle of that field that's not being used, it's not yours. It's not there for your use. We have a parking lot that's empty. Use it," said attorney Don Bauermeister. "We've got signs. Respect the signs, right?"

Other drivers said the fine was egregious.

"They should have just lined her up and shot her then. Eight hundred dollars is crazy," said Ralph Balsano.

Sherman said she plans to fight the fine in court.

Read more: http://www.4029tv.com/news/27881186/...#ixzz1MEoxy3kz
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

good! jump a "red curb", which means no parking, and park in the grass.....what do you think wil happen? hopefully the city wont cave and I will never park where Im not supposed to when in council bluffs! ouch
    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

I'm crying so many tears for this landmonster who didn't want to shuffle an extra few feet to watch her kid play baseball.

Comment

Poor little pumpkin probably won't be able to afford gas for her Escalade to take the kid to his ball games now... Bwahahahaha!
        Suck it up, buttercup - "There's no sign saying I can't park on the grass, uh, well, except for those ones over there...uh, yeah, that one too...but still, that's my manicure budget for a MONTH!"

Comment

Years ago I did a ride along with a Carter Lake, Iowa officer, after a couple stops through the night I started to reccomend to friends not to drive through Carter Lake unless their car is worth at least $2000 or the fines will be worth more than the car.

Comment

Originally posted by GoodWitness View Post
            Poor little pumpkin probably won't be able to afford gas for her Escalade to take the kid to his ball games now... Bwahahahaha!
            Suck it up, buttercup - "There's no sign saying I can't park on the grass, uh, well, except for those ones over there...uh, yeah, that one too...but still, that's my manicure budget for a MONTH!"
            Ain't it the truth!

Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but I think she was kinda hot...wait, what was the story about again?
              Originally posted by RSGSRT
              We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
              Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

In the video it states she admits to passing several empty spaces before driving over the red curb to park on the lawn. Sounds like Precious didnt want to walk an extra 50 feet so she will just park up on the lawn. They didnt say I couldnt after all! They went to all the cost and trouble to pave a large parking area but not one sign stood where I pulled onto the grass saying I couldnt park there instead. What did she think was going to happen? I admit the fine is pretty high but thats the city's decision I guess.

Comment

She probably felt that she was special and deserves a better parking spot as she drives that Cad Escalade. She doesn't want her truck to be parked next to common people's vehicle. Screw her, let her eat that $835 ticket.

Comment

wanna bet she gets off.

She parked THERE on THAT grass. The sign was not there to tell her not to park on THIS grass.

She said other people were parked on the grass so did they get tickets too?

$835.00 is a bit much though. I might knock it down $800.00 if I was the judge.

Comment

Looks like she'll have to lay off the bon bons' for a couple of months while she pays off the citation. As I tell many people contemplating on breaking the law, life is a lot simpler and less complicating if we just follow the law.
                      Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Makes me wonder if the fines are that high due to incomes and like attitudes in that city. There is a city near where I work that has extremely high fines. However, most of the residents are professional athletes, famous musicians, etc. If they got a $50 fine they'd wipe their butt with a Benjamin and say keep the change. However, if you bump that fine up several hundy they quickly change their minds about being scofflaws.

No sympathy for the self-entitled soccer mom.......

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                          "They should have just lined her up and shot her then. Eight hundred dollars is crazy," said Ralph Balsano.
                          Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

The fact that she passed 'many open parking spaces' is what sealed her doom. Pay up, girlfriend.

What is not mentioned is if any of the other "grass parkers" received citations/tickets and if their fines were as high.

P.S. I do admit to having a slight bias against women who drive huge SUVs that require a far greater skill level than they seem to possess.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by BigW View Post
                              Makes me wonder if the fines are that high due to incomes and like attitudes in that city. There is a city near where I work that has extremely high fines. However, most of the residents are professional athletes, famous musicians, etc. If they got a $50 fine they'd wipe their butt with a Benjamin and say keep the change. However, if you bump that fine up several hundy they quickly change their minds about being scofflaws.

No sympathy for the self-entitled soccer mom.......

Other than being next door to Omaha..............the incomes are not that great in Council Bluffs............

They have Iowa "Midwest" attitudes...............with a few exceptions (like hers)
                              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3297 users online. 194 members and 3103 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X