Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop's wife shoots at him and misses in retirement scam

http://www.policeone.com/bizarre/art...tirement-scam/

PHILADELPHIA — All she had to do was aim, squeeze the trigger and pop a bullet into her husband's leg so that he could get an early retirement.

What could go wrong?

Fortunately and unfortunately, former Camden police Sgt. Jeffrey Frett's wife is a bad shot. She blew a hole through his uniform pants, a source said, but didn't even graze him.

Either way, he's out of a job.

The 40-year-old Turnersville resident pleaded guilty yesterday to making a fake police communication about the incident, which could have been so much worse. According to the Camden County Prosecutor's Office, Frett reported over police radio that he had been shot Nov. 30 while on Interstate 676 in Camden.

Frett told police that the shooter fled in a dark van, but the Prosecutor's Office said there was no evidence to substantiate the shooting, and investigators said that Frett had "misrepresented" the incident.

A source familiar with the incident said that Frett's wife was pulled over in a dark van, not far from the scene of the alleged incident, with a gun in the car. The source said that Frett, who had two brothers on the Camden force, had asked his wife to shoot him, but she missed.

Jason Laughlin, a spokesman for the Camden County Prosecutor's Office, said no other individuals were charged in Frett's case and declined to comment about the wife's involvement.

As part of Frett's plea, he agreed to forfeit his office and will be barred from public employment. He must also serve a year of probation and pay a $150 fine, but at least he can walk.

This is sad on multiple levels.

Comment

Camden is in NJ.. not Phili.. and yes this is a sad...

Comment

Wow. This guy must have wanted to retire really really bad.
        Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Originally posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
          Wow. This guy must have wanted to retire really really bad.
          Well, he got his wish - - - sorta.

AND he got it without having a hole in his leg.

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
          "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

What a D-bag.
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Wife needs more range time.

Comment

the level of dooshbaggery is great with these 2
                "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Good news is, Camden PD has an opening!
                  I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
                  - Mark Twain

Comment

post deleted
                    Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:30 PM.

Comment

How did that conversation even begin? I would loved to been a fly on the wall for before, during and after.

Didn't a bunch of Officer's get laid off not too long ago?
                      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Him: Honey will you please shoot me in the leg so I can go out on disability.
                        Her: Sure babe, I was thinking about shooting you anyway.
                        Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

^^^^^

lmao
                          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
                            Him: Honey will you please shoot me in the leg so I can go out on disability.
                            Her: Sure babe, I was thinking about shooting you anyway.
                            Nice!

My wife would probably jump at that chance! heh

Comment

Must not have used the "killshot" technique.
                              Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6109 users online. 317 members and 5792 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X