300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of names...

...we have two new officers named Petty & Hogg. Now keep in mind that I'm not making fun of their heritage or the person, I'm just looking at the names. Officer Petty could have joined the Navy where he could be Petty Officer Petty. And if Officer Hogg gets promoted would he then be Boss Hogg?

I hope Officer Petty doesn't get worked up over the littlest thing....and I bet Officer Hogg is in Heaven right now.
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

We have a Detecive whos last name is Law.
      Det Law... gotta love it.

Comment

Knew of a guy named Dickie Burnes.

Comment

If I joined the Navy, I might've been "Ensign Benson" ... [Eek!]

My favorite character in "Catch-22" was Major Major Major.

[ 11-06-2002, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: C in a J ]

Comment

this is no joke... i did a ride-a-long once with an officer named "michael hunt". he went by "mike" imagine me trying to keep a straight face when he introduced himself to me.
            TRAVIS ED WILLIAMS
            Police Officer
            Mesquite, Texas, P.D.
            Mesquite, TX
            Date of Death: 09/23/1974

Comment

I traded patches once with a Sergeant from Jacksonville with the last name of Outlaw. I think that I still have his business card somewhere.

Comment

I don't know if he's still practicing, but there was at one time a gynecologist in Virginia named Harry Beaver.

Comment

We have two Surgeons named Slaughter, my dentist was Dr Payne. The local chief is Chief Justice. We have a Corporol Freeze. Had a deputy Shooter. Had an Officer Anger and an Officer Tackleberry (who's prisoners had a habit of coming in banged up "He tripped.").

Comment

I have an uncle named Steele who is a cpa. He worked with a man named Cheatham. They decided it would be unwise to form a partnership.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Mike Tx:
                      Knew of a guy named Dickie Burnes.

i know a guy named Dick Bender.
                      I'll post, You argue.

Comment

here's a humorous story. when i was musician we played a gig and the guy that hired us, his name was Dick See. the next day we had to leave to drive to Florida for some gigs down there, so we made the joke that this was our "Dick See to Dix-ie" tour.
                        I'll post, You argue.

Comment

There is a small PD in the Dallas Area that has a SGT. Justice.
                          "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"--Bill Jordan

Comment

The Cockeysville precinct has an officer Speed.

He works traffic enforcement.

Comment

While in Marine Corps boot camp there was a drill instructor named Sgt. Threats.
                              "It is better to avoid than to fight, better to deter than to kill. But.....it is better to kill than to die, or watch an innocent slaughtered, because you didn't have the wherewithal to defend them." - M. A.

"We should bear in mind that, in general, it is the object of our newspapers rather to create a sensation-to make a point-than to further the cause of truth."-Edgar Allan Poe(1809-1849)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3113 users online. 150 members and 2963 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X