300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas City, KS \ Wyandotte County PD hiring process

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone is currently going through the Kansas City, KS PD hiring process. I passed the written test last month, and have the physical exam this weekend.
    Last edited by noisyone77; 05-11-2011, 03:04 PM.

Good Union, Good Dept...they definitely take care of business and stay busy....
    Keep your head low, WEAR YOUR VEST, listen to your FTO and search your prisoners! (Check out the photos they have on the etention wall of stuff theyve found in the bathroom...in intake)
    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
      (Check out the photos they have on the etention wall of stuff theyve found in the bathroom...in intake)
      I dunno how long that has been there. But I just noticed it last week, made me LOL.... whoops.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'm hoping I make it that far. I've done written and physical testing for smaller suburban departments. I get past them, but that's about it. I get to the interview and not any further. I'm hoping things will be different with Kansas City. I believe they have the money to hire about 25 officers. I don't have a criminal history or much negative about me at all. I'm in decent shape and fairly young. We'll see what happens. I'll post an update after the physical test this weekend.

Comment

I applied as well. This is not my first time through the hiring process for KCKPD. In fact it is my fourth time.
          Last edited by TheKansan; 05-12-2011, 11:15 PM.
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
            I applied as well. This is not my first time through the hiring process for KCKPD. In fact it is my fourth time.
            Did you make it to the physical test tomorrow?

Comment

Well, passed the physical test today, and went on to the interview. Felt like I did pretty good. Now, it's hurry up and wait while they do background checks.

Comment

I applied to KCK as well, had my physical test/interview on May 13. Hope I did okay, don't think I did that well on the interview part but who knows. Anyone know how long it usually takes until you hear something for the backgrounds?

Comment

I haven't heard anything back either. Not sure what the next step is or how long it will take.

Comment

Well I know the next step is background investigations. I talk with a KCK policeman every now and then and he says about 3-4 weeks at least to hear something, maybe more. But that is only if you pass the interviews we had after the physical test. So its just sit back and wait, and hope we passed the interviews. If anyone hears something let us all know so we know when they are calling etc

Comment

Nevermind, I guess I was just angry that day.
                      Last edited by TheKansan; 06-14-2011, 10:16 AM.
                      What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                        My guess is that unless you have juice, you won't get hired this go round. They haven't had an academy class in a while, so all the children of current cops who want a job will be applying.
                        Unless you have inside information to support that, I don't buy that at all, not for a second. There may be a couple of cases like that one, but Kansas City, is hiring quite a few, and believe they did have an academy about a year before this one is starting.

Comment

Yeah I know for a fact they did have one last year about the same time as this academy will start. I know somebody that just finished the academy a couple months ago. So your information is false, not sure where you got that from.

Comment

Originally posted by noisyone77 View Post
                            Unless you have inside information to support that, I don't buy that at all, not for a second. There may be a couple of cases like that one, but Kansas City, is hiring quite a few, and believe they did have an academy about a year before this one is starting.
                            Nevermind.
                            Last edited by TheKansan; 06-14-2011, 10:16 AM.
                            What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

About your comment to the other guy... I do know two KCK police officers, in which I get my information from. I live in the Kansas City area also. But such things that you are saying do not seem to have credibility. There was an academy last year and regardless if children of police officers apply.. they still must go through the same hiring process as everyone else.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6072 users online. 342 members and 5730 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X