300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating with in the Dept.

Im not doing it, but know quite a few guys and gals in other depts who are. I thought it was "bad for business" and kinda fell under the category of "dont Sh*t where u eat"....i guess when feelings develop for someone, its tough to say no. Thoughts, experiences?

What happens when Michele and greg start dating and it gets serious. Then they have a fight and now they have to back each other up if they work the same shift. It's hard to be professional when the "customer" can see through the tension. It's also difficult when the person of interest starts treating your partner with disrespect. The fact that your partner is also your lover or wife can escalate things. The other downside is you spend a lot of time with your significant other. you need time away.

Comment

VERY bad idea. I've seen most, if not all, work-related flings end poorly.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Smurfette
      Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
      Originally posted by DAL
      You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Ive seen it in larger departments (IE Philly). Generally one of the parties gets transferred to another district so the issues of back-up etc do not happen.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Don't do it! one of the worst things anyone could do

Comment

Doesn't work out at all, believe me :P

Comment

Did that at AMR in my younger years....... Learned that it is not a wise thing to do ............ On the other token if its for purely physical attachments and no emotional strings...... I have seen that work out much better

In the medic world, working on different units in different areas helps the separation and keeps the peace. I imagine that in the bigger departments that would hold true as well.
              "In the fury of this darkest hour, we will be your light"

Comment

Don't sh1t where you eat...

Don't dip your pen in the company inkwell...

I have seen officers draw down on each other due to work-related romantic entaglements...

Bottom Line: DON'T !!!
                "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Never fish at the company dock!

That was sage advice that my dad gave me decades ago.....and I have found that he was right on the mark. There are plenty of fish in the sea, so don't bait your hook where you work.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

There's no booty worth damaging your duty!

Dated a girl I worked with about 3 years ago in a non-leo job.
                    Sucked, sucked, sucked. Work was awkward and tense after that, people in our job took sides and split the job, just a crappy situation.

Comment

never stick your peter in the payroll

Comment

Originally posted by irish21 View Post
                        Dated a girl I worked with about 3 years ago in a non-leo job.
                        Sucked, sucked, sucked. Work was awkward and tense after that, people in our job took sides and split the job, just a crappy situation.
                        I don't see a problem here. It felt good didn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by 913 View Post
                          I don't see a problem here. It felt good didn't it?
                          lol............
                          Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

I started dating my husband while we worked at the same agency. Thankfully he left and went to another one. I wouldn't want to work around my spouse, regardless of the job. We end up overlapping at some things, but not all that often.
                            sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

We have a husband and wife who are both patrol officers on different shifts. Our department uses a 12 hour rotating shift schedule so whenever one comes into work, the other one is leaving and they both have the same days off. There has yet to be a single issue.
                              Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5779 users online. 340 members and 5439 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X