300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I AM not A NAVY SEAL

How long do you think it will take for the wackers and wannabees to start proclaiming themselves as seal team members.

With the Bin laden operation i'll bet it's pretty soon. I wonder how far people will take it, claiming to be with team 6

Unreal...

Some already do.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Google "Don Shipley"... he likes to out them
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Go over to socnet and watch the fun..... They have 3-4 guys that have the real deal Buds list from 1947 on......

If you hit POW Network....they have a huge list of frauds.....

Comment

on facebook the conservatives have a group and they started selling SEAL Team 6 shirts that look like battalion t-shirts. I personally think it's crap and made sure that everyone who said they were buying know it. If you want to wear a SEAL Team 6 shirt then you should earn it.
          "Good people sleep well in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to commit acts of violence on their behalf."

Comment

You know they are not SEALs because real SEALs don't advertise the fact.
            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

The real Team 6 are not talking.
              It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

Outed one guy the other day. He was at a bar bragging on how he was a SEAL for the last 5 years. Talked about how he was selected for the "covert mission", wasn't quite specific about the mission or where it was, but hinted that it was the bin Laden operation by saying stuff like "it was recently in the news" and "hope the guy likes being fish food", etc.

I shut him down really quickly when I said "Dude, don't you know that a lot of times the government leaks BS stories to the news media so the bad guys don't know we're coming?" The talking head said something stupid like "yeah, I know but this one really happened". I then told him "If you were really there, you would know that it was US Army Delta Force troops and not the Navy SEALs that got bin Laden." The guy asked how I knew, and I pointed out the fact that chopper that went down was carrying Navy SEALs.

The guy turned several shades of red, then to white while folks at the bar mocked him. What a DB, too bad there weren't any real Navy SEALs to set him straight. :-)
                Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Oh yeah?? I'm Team 12!!! I'm twice as good as Team Six!!!
                  “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

False SEAL claims have been around since the SEALs came into being. They have organizations of former SEALs dedicated to investigating claims of SEAL status because it is such a widespread problem. It's more than just some dudes trying to pick up a buzzed chick in a bar by saying telling BS war stories about being with Team Six. There are people who have started businesses based on false SEAL claims, often giving them access to sensitive information. There are people who have held political office until outed as fake SEALs, people who have headed local VA posts, got hired based on false claims (including police officers)...it's a mess.

I'll echo Bearcat: Go to SOCNET.com. They have a section in the SEAL forums dedicated to SEAL claims and stories of phony busts. (they run a tight ship over there, so if you sign up and decide to post, read EVERY instruction if you want to stay for an extended period without getting a trip on the extraction helo).
                    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                    -Chris Rock

Comment

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
                      I'll echo Bearcat: Go to SOCNET.com. They have a section in the SEAL forums dedicated to SEAL claims and stories of phony busts. (they run a tight ship over there, so if you sign up and decide to post, read EVERY instruction if you want to stay for an extended period without getting a trip on the extraction helo).
                      You post a name...better have a reason....and not just because or because some fool in a bar said he was.

They just banned some dude for asking about a real deal and then not coming back to say what he was going to do to apologize to the guy.....

Sadly, the worst ones they get are folks (usually women) that fall for some BS line....and they end up hooking up with guy....and are about to...or have gotten married to them....and finally realize they were played......

Comment

My uncle and cousin. Both did 2 years, mostly sweepin floors and cleanin toilets. My dad, who got injured in Korea (never talked about it) called him out every time a bull5hit story came out of his mouth.
                        Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

I never was a SEAL, but I did play one on my brother's PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by stormz5192 View Post
                            My uncle and cousin. Both did 2 years, mostly sweepin floors and cleanin toilets. My dad, who got injured in Korea (never talked about it) called him out every time a bull5hit story came out of his mouth.
                            You know how many idiots I have ran into working the streets that were either SEALS/Special Forces or got kicked out of the military for punching their CO/1SG/SGM/CDR/etc.....?

Most had the old line of my 214 (discharge papers) are secret and can't be shown......or were burnt up in the St. Louis records fire (BS because anyone under 60 it didn't effect).....

I know 3 real deal SEALs and several real deal SF guys. I've seen their 214s.... amazingly enough, theirs looked just like mine execept they tended to have more cool schools listed.....

Comment

Yea, head over to socnet... that site is something else. Those guys will have you rolling on the floor with their comments. It is a no BS forum. My BIL was a ranger and now a contractor.. he said that site helped him network with quite a few people.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4059 users online. 264 members and 3795 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X