Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSP chase near Boston, K-9 take-down. Awesome!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSP chase near Boston, K-9 take-down. Awesome!

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/05/0...n-bridgewater/

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/...edown-20110506

Good doggie! Good guys and civilians not hurt, bad guy gets tossed in jail.
    Whitechapel - Hate Creation

I like the flip he did over the fence.
    "The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

Ok, so the "former police officer turned professor" (doesn't say 'retired' though) thinks they shouldn't have chased the guy because he put lives in danger...interesting...so what would he have said if they called off the chase and that guy killed someone that night committing another robbery? Then the family of the person he killed came on tv and said that their family member would be alive today if the police would have kept the chase going and caught him?! Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

How about we put the responsibility where it lies: WITH THE CRIMINAL WHO CHOSE NOT TO STOP - PERIOD!
      Originally posted by RSGSRT
      We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
      Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

I liked the race between the Officer and the suspect on the freeway. It was like the cop was saying I can go faster then you. Hahaha. Then the guy just took the exit and the cop continued straight. Must be an east coast thing because on the west coast we never get in front of a suspect and give him the oppertunity to shoot at us from behind. The video was entertaining.
        Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

I like watching the puppies work. I hope someone got a couple biscuits!
          "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
          -Chris Rock

Comment

Can someone from a department who authorizes such crazy maneuvers please explain why on earth you would EVER get in front of a suspect vehicle during a pursuit?

Comment

Originally posted by Jiu-Jitsu Cop View Post
              I liked the race between the Officer and the suspect on the freeway. It was like the cop was saying I can go faster then you. Hahaha. Then the guy just took the exit and the cop continued straight. Must be an east coast thing because on the west coast we never get in front of a suspect and give him the oppertunity to shoot at us from behind. The video was entertaining.
              Originally posted by Code6Chuck View Post
              Can someone from a department who authorizes such crazy maneuvers please explain why on earth you would EVER get in front of a suspect vehicle during a pursuit?
              Bad guy takes the ramp and ends the chase by himself plus nobody got hurt. The MSP is one of the few agencies left that WILL pursue vehicles until the wheels fall off, and the other PDs are thankful for that. So even after all of the sharp-shooting in your posts, it's still a win in my book.

Comment

Probably a reason why that guy was a former police officer.

Comment

Originally posted by Code6Chuck View Post

No I won't explain why....but there are a multitude of reasons!
                  "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega17632 View Post
                    No I won't explain why....but there are a multitude of reasons!
                    Hell, I'd like to at least read one. After all, they are called 'pursuits' for a reason. Even Houston PD has never done anything like that so please explain why one would literally race side by side with a vehicle one is in pursuit with.
                    Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

I see why the good professor is "former" cop. It's bout like the "contientious objectors" we get here in the army. They usually end up "former" too....

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
                        How about we put the responsibility where it lies: WITH THE CRIMINAL WHO CHOSE NOT TO STOP - PERIOD!
                        I will tell you exactly why. Because if you sue the criminal and win, you will never get paid. At least if you sue the goverment you may get a settlement because its cheaper for them to settle then going to court fighting it.

Comment

I've seen more videos from all around the country with police officers doing all kinds of bizarro world stuff...all with successful endings.

A (criminal act) + B (police intervention) should = C (successful ending). As long as you don't get hurt between A and C, what's the beef?

I'm not the sharpest knife around here but I'd hazard a guess that not everything goes as planned and it gives plenty of fodder to all the MMQBs around here. Whatever Disney Land patrol procedures and tactics you guys have trained for may not apply to all situations and may not be executed flawlessly, as apparently some of you expect.

How about, just enjoy the video with the doggie getting the bad guy?

-SP

Comment

Originally posted by DeputySC View Post
                            I will tell you exactly why. Because if you sue the criminal and win, you will never get paid. At least if you sue the goverment you may get a settlement because its cheaper for them to settle then going to court fighting it.
                            Which is EXACTLY what's wrong with this country!!
                            Originally posted by RSGSRT
                            We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                            Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by SinePari View Post
                              Bad guy takes the ramp and ends the chase by himself plus nobody got hurt. The MSP is one of the few agencies left that WILL pursue vehicles until the wheels fall off, and the other PDs are thankful for that. So even after all of the sharp-shooting in your posts, it's still a win in my book.
                              Ok but no sharp shooting here?? I am asking a question regarding Officer safety. To clarify things for others who posted, I enjoyed watching the driving, I enjoyed watching the dog take down, and I am happy that no one is hurt. With that out of the way, why would you put your unit in front of vehicle where the guy could shoot at you. I am happy PD's pursuit criminals, but I will go home alive. I often see pursuits where at the end Cops run up to the vehicles. Why? Order them out at gunpoint. If they do not come out then we will approach slowly and ready for problems. If they are trapped in the vehicle (due to a crash) then they should not have run from the cops. I understand that there are various ways to handle pursuits but if you have a helicopter above you then you can follow the vehicle.

Just a question. I am not looking to argue over various techniques just curious over the reasoning used to teach this technique.
                              Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5232 users online. 326 members and 4906 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X