Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspect 'pocket dials' 911, gets arrested

Suspect 'pocket dials' 911, gets arrested

Three larceny suspects were overheard planning break-ins in upstate New York
    Associated Press

CLAY, N.Y. — An ill-timed, inadvertent 911 call led police to three larceny suspects overheard planning break-ins in upstate New York.

Onondaga County Sheriff Kevin Walsh says police already looking for a suspicious person got the unlikely assist when one of the men "pocket dialed" his cellphone's emergency number while driving near the scene of an earlier heist.

As a dispatcher relayed the conversation to deputies, the men discussed their plans, described their surroundings and even commented, "there go the cops now."

Walsh says that was enough for a deputy to turn around and stop the Kia Sportage full of tools stolen from a business in the Syracuse suburb of Clay. The dispatcher then heard the driver being asked for his license and registration.

Copyright 2010 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

The men arrested April 26 face grand larceny and stolen property charges.
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Hahahahaha
    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Although I love this story, I hope to God my supervisor doesn't see this...

"See?!? We need to start calling the cell phone company and request EVERY cell phone location/subscriber's address for EVERY cell phone 911 call and send a response even if they say they're ok when it's an accidental pocket dial! They could be criminals getting ready to commit a crime!"

I have a headache already just thinking about it...
      Originally posted by RSGSRT
      We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
      Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
        Although I love this story, I hope to God my supervisor doesn't see this...

"See?!? We need to start calling the cell phone company and request EVERY cell phone location/subscriber's address for EVERY cell phone 911 call and send a response even if they say they're ok when it's an accidental pocket dial! They could be criminals getting ready to commit a crime!"

I have a headache already just thinking about it...
        Except you can't call back pre-paid cells, they don't take incoming calls. They also don't have subscriber info.

I listened in to a drug "negotiation" last week. The first call, taken by another calltaker involved discussing beating someone up.
        Last edited by willowdared; 05-05-2011, 10:33 PM.
        Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

These top notch criminals:

Comment

Originally posted by kontemplerande
            Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Last edited by Super_HKS; 08-24-2012, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by marcusindc View Post
                Hmmmmmmmmmmm...........
                sigpic
                Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Originally posted by willowdared View Post
                  Except you can't call back pre-paid cells, they don't take incoming calls. They also don't have subscriber info.

I listened in to a drug "negotiation" last week. The first call, taken by another calltaker involved discussing beating someone up.
                  Shhhhhh...don't tell her that...
                  Originally posted by RSGSRT
                  We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                  Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Call the Police on yourself! Classic! Cut out the middle man.
                    It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4872 users online. 291 members and 4581 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X