Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Wisconsin Fatal Police Shootout

http://www.officer.com/video/1026188...olice-shootout

Great example of putting lead down range!

The Monroe County District Attorney has determined four Tomah police officers acted appropriately last month when they killed a man who shot at them during a traffic stop. District Attorney Dan Cary said Tuesday the officers acted with “tremendous courage in the face of life-threatening gunfire” April 22 when they fatally shot 28-year-old Seth M. McCloskey of Ohio.

On administrative leave since the shooting, the officers have been cleared to return to work as early as Thursday.

McCloskey was a suspect in an earlier drive-by shooting in Tomah in which no one was hurt. Police have said he may be linked to as many as 10 other seemingly random drive-by shootings across Wisconsin and Illinois.

Authorities held a press conference Tuesday where they released squad car video footage of the Tomah shooting that shows McCloskey calmly exit his truck, point a handgun directly at police and open fire moments after being pulled over on Saratoga Street.

The video then shows McCloskey trying to climb back into his truck, which was rolling because he had not put it in park, as police shoot back. The slow-moving pickup strikes a nearby utility pole, and McCloskey’s hat flies into the air in a hail of gunfire. His head falls limp, and the truck’s accelerator echoes through the neighborhood.

Tomah Police Chief Wes Revels said McCloskey’s autopsy shows he died from police gunfire.

“Seth McCloskey intended to take the lives of police officers,” Revels said. “I believe that because of the officers’ actions at the location of the traffic stop, they saved the life of a police officer somewhere at sometime.”

Officials found extra ammunition in McCloskey’s truck. The pickup had been stolen in Wyoming, and police do not know why he was in Tomah or how long he was there.

“He had been traveling through multiple states,” said Jed Sperry, a Wisconsin Department of Justice special agent in charge of the Division of Criminal Investigation. “From what we’ve been able to find, there is no local ties.”

Officers tracked down McCloskey after an investigation into the drive-by shooting led them to two local auto repair shops and a bar. Police said a patron there warned McCloskey that officers were looking for him.

The Justice Department is still analyzing autopsy results and investigating whether McCloskey had been drinking before the shooting.

Investigators determined McCloskey fired two shots at Officer Josh Kenworthy, two shots at Sgt. Scott Holum and one more at Kenworthy, who was wounded in the foot.

Kenworthy said Tuesday he didn’t realize his left foot was shot until after the firing stopped. When he looked down, he could see the exit hole in his boot. The bullet went through the big toe, and he lost the tip of his third toe.

His doctors predict he could return to work in 12 weeks.

“I’m getting kind of stir crazy,” he said. “I’m not used to hanging around my house that long. I can’t wait to come back to work and go back to moving around without crutches.”

Meanwhile, police will continue to investigate whether McCloskey was involved in a series of recent similar shootings reported in Tomah, Janesville, Albion Township in Dane County and in communities near Rockford, Ill.

But Tuesday in Tomah one thing was clear, Sperry said. “This person was set on doing this. He was an evil person. ... The officers were heroes here.”
    Last edited by Prov1x; 05-04-2011, 03:27 PM.
    yeah!

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...-Happen-To-You!
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

That's what I get for only reading titles!
      yeah!

Comment

I didn't see the lights on the Impala at first, and though some idiot was driving right into the scene of the shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post
          I didn't see the lights on the Impala at first, and though some idiot was driving right into the scene of the shooting.
          You and me both, I was thinking "@#$%^% SOB IDIOT, WHAT THE @#$%!!!!!"
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

We all were thinking the same thing!!!!

Of course I doubt that any of us would have been surprised if it WAS a civilian.
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by azlawdawg View Post
              you and me both, i was thinking "@#$%^% sob idiot, what the @#$%!!!!!"
              GTFO IMPALA!!!

Oh, wait...

But, anyways, thanks for sharing!
              sigpic

Originally posted by mitojo
              I was once thanked by two citizens in one day. Weird.

Comment

Hahaha yeah +50 to all the above about the impala. I was thinking this idiot must live two houses down and just wanted to get home lol.
                The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
                I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
                Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

Comment

It didn't even look like there was still an officer in the impala.... I would hope an officer would drive past and infront of another officer as he is shooting. From the looks of it the officer bailed out and left their car in drive and it coasted forward. Good job on the officer though, great way to keep yourself alive to go home at night!!!
                  "I'm sorry, did you see my care face? Because I'm pretty sure I didn't show it to you becuase I DON'T care. Have a nice day. "

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3271 users online. 181 members and 3090 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X