Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister Hits Sister In Deadly Head-On Crash

http://www.kcci.com/news/27759494/detail.html

DAMS, Neb. -- A 17-year-old girl died in a collision her 15-year-old sister in southeast Nebraska on Monday, reported KETV.

Gage County, Neb., Sheriff Millard "Gus" Gustafson said the crash happened around 6:30 p.m., about three miles west of Adams, Neb.

Gustafson said Gabrielle Matthes was driving her car east on Birch Road when she crested a hill and collided head-on with a westbound pickup driven by her sister, Megan Matthes.

According to officials, Gabrielle was pinned in the vehicle and had to be extricated.

Gustafson said Gabrielle was flown to a Bryan LGH Medical Center West in Lincoln, where she died. Gabrielle was a senior at Freeman High School in Adams.

Megan Matthes and a passenger in her truck, 16-year-old Katlyn Beu were taken to the hospital.

Authorities said Gabrielle was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash, but her airbag did deploy. Megan was wearing seat belt, and both airbags deployed in the pickup, authorities said.

The crash remains under investigation. It occurred less than a mile from the Matthes girls' home.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

First lessons I learned as a youth driving in the country, wear the seat belt, do not go up a hill in the middle of the country road.

I never learned the do not drive so fast rule till I was about 30

Comment

15 and driving solo?
      Originally posted by crass cop
      Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Jesus that sucks.
        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by LaPlaca View Post
          15 and driving solo?
          Not unusual here in the farm states. You can get a School Permit (at 14 1/2 in Iowa) which allows kids to drive to school and school events so as not to inconvenience the parents. Ok it was brought about during the ice age when many rural parents (both mother and father) farmed and needed to be around the farm.

http://www.iowadot.gov/mvd/ods/msl.h...0minimum%20age
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            Not unusual here in the farm states. You can get a School Permit (at 14 1/2 in Iowa) which allows kids to drive to school and school events so as not to inconvenience the parents. Ok it was brought about during the ice age when many rural parents (both mother and father) farmed and needed to be around the farm.

http://www.iowadot.gov/mvd/ods/msl.h...0minimum%20age
            They talked about changing it to 15 but I havent heard anything about it for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
              First lessons I learned as a youth driving in the country, wear the seat belt...
              ^^ This. I just don't understand why people drive without the seat belt. It feels weird to me to not have the belt around my chest. Sometimes I forget to put it on when in uniform though because the vest and duty belt make it feel like something is already there so I don't notice it if it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by LaPlaca View Post
                15 and driving solo?
                Or did the 15 year old have the passenger? The girl who dies was a senior, so was she the 17 year old?
                Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4197 users online. 209 members and 3988 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X