300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballistic Armor

To all LEO's please review the LE ballistic armor live fire video demo linked below. I am greatly interested in your professional opinions. Feel free to contact me as well. Thank you.
    LE Ballistic Armor Live Fire Demo | Cavalier Knght - LE & Military Tactical Equipment | NRA Only $20 for LEO's.

Is this an advertisement?

Comment

I gave it about 45 seconds and got bored

Comment

Yes watching rounds fired at body armor is known to be about as thrilling as a roller coaster. Saving lives well that's another story.
        LE Ballistic Armor Live Fire Demo | Cavalier Knght - LE & Military Tactical Equipment | NRA Only $20 for LEO's.

Comment

LMAO, who is going to buy body armor from the same website that sells credit protection, business cards, and tupperware?

Edit to add: This is some good reading from Mr. Reynolds if you're bored!
          http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...ternal-Affairs
          Last edited by madchiken; 05-01-2011, 08:12 AM.

Comment

The manufacturers of that body armor don't sell anything but but body armor but you can also look up my NYC firearms permits/licenses, my six out of state non resident concealed carry licenses my BATFE FFL 01 dealers license, my NYC OEM CERT membership, my membership in Community Board 12 in Manhattan my membership in the FBI InfraGard Program and my awards from the NYPD while you're at it including my SBAHubzone business certification. That link also received a letter from the White House. Now I understand why they seek intelligence on other planets.

Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People.

Comment

As the purchasing agent for the U.S. Marshalls internal affairs division, I am rather interested in this. I just came over from the protection division, there we were responsible for over 154 Federal judges, I am in constant contact with the gentleman who took over for me when I left, this might be something that he too is interested in. Will this protect the wearer fro de ionized water cannons, this seems to be an ever popular threat that is just now making its way out of most security inner circles. Anyhow thanks for the information.
              It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Mr. Reynolds,

What exactly are you looking for from us LEOs? Being a law enforcement and firearms instructor, I do go see all sort of demonstrations offered by manufacturers. Video taping of your colleagues slamming the plate with sledge hammer looks very cool, but in real life, if you hit someone with a sledge hammer, regardless of whether he/she is wearing body armor or not, a person will most likely receive severe injuries.

You also listed your company as an authorized dealer many products, which I am also an authorized dealer of, but looking at manufacturer's website, your company is not listed as such (unless your company is located outside of NY or operate under different name).

I wish you lots of luck with your business as NYC is not a friendly place to do a business involving firearms.

Comment

The sledge hammer was to add trauma to the plate before firing upon it to show it's tactile strength and ability to withstand multiple hits even after being hit with a sledge hammer. What I'm looking for is armor that withstands what this armor does so far I have not come across any. I just live in NYC business is conducted statewide. Thanks for your support.

Comment

will this protect the wearer fro de ionized water cannons, this seems to be an ever popular threat that is just now making its way out of most security inner circles. Anyhow thanks for the information.
                    lol...
                    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

fwiw, the TAC3S plates are what I would want in my plate carrier for patrol use.

Maybe I'll be able to afford them someday soon.
                      All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

Only a rube would be impressed by a sledge hammer hitting ballistic armor.
                        NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                          Only a rube would be impressed by a sledge hammer hitting ballistic armor.
                          I was impressed.................that it did not bounce back and hit him in the Jimmy.
                          It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Some ceramic/hybrid plates would be completely compromised by sledge strikes and are so fragile they require annual x-raying to ensure integrity is maintained.
                            All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4687 users online. 281 members and 4406 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X