300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICU Drill Fail

Lucky the security officer didn't get a bullet in the head by any responding officers...freakin nutz...

http://www.lvrj.com/news/icu-drill-w...121018129.html

This scene could have easily made the story board for 'Idiocracy'.
    Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 04-30-2011, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Criminal charges should be filed against the officer involved, as well as those who helped orchestrate this. As an LEO I cannot believe that he would have gone along with this. He should have refused to participate and if they were still going to do it anyway he should have contacted an LEO who actually knows WTF they are doing.

You don't point firearms at people unless you are preparing to kill them. Period.

Yannis forced people into a room at gunpoint with the threat of shooting them to death. Does that not mean he committed multiple counts of kidnapping or some other form of illegal detention?
      Last edited by Fëanor; 05-02-2011, 08:45 AM.

Comment

WOW.............Just stupid on so many levels.
        "You can't handcuff me, I'm a college graduate!"
        (Smurfette)

Comment

Was this guy a cop or a security guard???
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

This was an epic fail from the get go. I'm shocked that this was thought of as, "a good idea" for a drill by so many at that hospital.

If this was pulled on our department, (we actually have a plan born out of a similar circumstance) I'm sure we would have reacted in a similar fashion. Our admins can be difficult at times, but they're far from this stupid.
            Originally posted by JasperST
            "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
            It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

I can't find any news articles of this happening. The only story is see is reprints of this one. What gives?

Comment

I found a few news stories on this. It occurred May 24, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Trauma1 View Post
                  This was an epic fail from the get go. I'm shocked that this was thought of as, "a good idea" for a drill by so many at that hospital.

If this was pulled on our department, (we actually have a plan born out of a similar circumstance) I'm sure we would have reacted in a similar fashion. Our admins can be difficult at times, but they're far from this stupid.
                  I may be FAT...but I can diet! To my knowledge, there is no cure for this S T U P I D !

Comment

Reminds me of the episode on The Office when Dwight Shrute ran a fire drill.
                    sigpic
                    Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                    And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                      Was this guy a cop or a security guard???
                      Says he was an off-duty LEO working a security gig.

Originally posted by jannino View Post
                      I can't find any news articles of this happening. The only story is see is reprints of this one. What gives?
                      That is a news article. The Las Vegas Review Journal is the biggest paper here in the Las Vegas Valley. Makes a little sense that most results are reprints of the local report.

Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
                      Reminds me of the episode on The Office when Dwight Shrute ran a fire drill.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QddPEtcDwh8
                      Last edited by Fëanor; 05-02-2011, 08:33 PM.

Comment

I can't think of any superlatives to add to "stupid" that would make it adequately describe this.
                        "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
                        But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
                        "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
                        We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

I don't know what's more scary: That the hospital management thought it was a good idea to do this, or that the people responsible for that are the people who are supposed to protect the staff in the first place!
                          “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fëanor View Post
                            That is a news article. The Las Vegas Review Journal is the biggest paper here in the Las Vegas Valley. Makes a little sense that most results are reprints of the local report.
                            The way it is written appears as if it's an editorial/blog.

Can anyone find an article of this happening after the fact?

The link on here is regarding a lawsuit. It's hard to imagine the local police department didn't issue any statements regarding this.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3669 users online. 241 members and 3428 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X