300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass. Trooper & Officer Shot During Traffic Stop; Saved by vest

SPRINGFIELD, MASSACHUSETTS - A state trooper, Springfield police officer and suspect have been shot after the suspect allegedly opened fire on police after a traffic stop.

State police said the trooper and officer were struck in their body armor, and both were being treated Saturday for non life-threatening injuries. They said the suspect was being treated for serious injuries.

No names were immediately released.

State police said shortly before the exchange of gunfire Saturday, one person was shot and killed at a Springfield convenience store. They said it wasn’t immediately clear if the incidents are related.

They said the trooper and officer stopped a vehicle with three people inside and one got out and opened fire, which the police returned.
    Everybody counts or no one counts.
    -Harry Bosch

Some of you may remember that in my early days I was sort of a bleeding heart liberal. Then I became a man and put away childish things.
    -Ronald Reagan

UPDATE: Dirtbag shooter is in critical condition. Dirtbag identified is Tamik Kirkland, 24. Kirkland escaped from MCI-Shirley minimum security prison earlier in the week. He was hiding in the trunk of the vehicle and when the officer and trooper stopped the car, he ambused and shot them. Thank god they were wearing their vests.
    Everybody counts or no one counts.
    -Harry Bosch

Some of you may remember that in my early days I was sort of a bleeding heart liberal. Then I became a man and put away childish things.
    -Ronald Reagan

Comment

A reminder to all: Wear your vest and always be on guarde.
      "Its not cheating, unless you get caught."-Al Bundy

Comment

Glad to hear the cops are ok.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Thank God the Officers were wearing vests! A speedy recovery to both of them.
          Originally posted by JasperST
          "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
          It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

Thank god they're Ok.
            Also remember to push down on those trunks during stops...If the officers even got that close before this happened.

Comment

So grateful the officers are ok... Definitely be praying for quick recoveries for both of them, both physically and mentally. The way things have been going this year, I'm happy to be wishing "get wells" instead of posting on odmp.
              R.I.P. #2083, You will never be forgotten.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Matt. 5:9

Inmates seem really into counting the number of officers it took to take them down. If only their love of math had blossomed earlier.

Comment

If he dies his family will come out that he was a good boy and never meant hurt anyone. Then they'll file an excessive force and wrongful death suit . Which the liberal Mass Supreme court will rule against the department say those officers should have never stopped the car and this situation would never have happened. Lets not forget the race card mongers will call for investigation into the police being racist and pulling over the car cause it had minorities in it. Then the race card mongers will encourage protests that lead to riots.
                GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

I'm glad the officers are ok. It's so annoying that these dirt bags are able to get the drop on multiple officers at one time. Good the officers were able to take care of things though.

Comment

Another LEO's life saved by a vest, thank God he was wearing it.
                    Life is what you make of it

Comment

Just saw on the local news that they saw him jump into the trunk of the car, which was parked. When they approached, he popped out an shot them. He is a suspect in a shooting at a local barbershop where one person was killed. He also recently escaped from prison by allegedly making a dummy to avoid head count and walking out.

How does someone just walk out of prison?

Comment

Originally posted by GIOSTORMUSNRET View Post
                        If he dies his family will come out that he was a good boy and never meant hurt anyone. Then they'll file an excessive force and wrongful death suit . Which the liberal Mass Supreme court will rule against the department say those officers should have never stopped the car and this situation would never have happened. Lets not forget the race card mongers will call for investigation into the police being racist and pulling over the car cause it had minorities in it. Then the race card mongers will encourage protests that lead to riots.
                        Springfield, MA = warzone

First off, his mom was shot last week so the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Apparently he found out who was responsible and went after them in their barber shop. Second, there was a New England-wide BOLO for him as he was an escapee from a minimum security prison. Third, the troopers and officers were canvassing his known addresses in and around Springfield and saw him get into the trunk...not a random traffic stop.

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/h...11&status=true

Side note: for all of those pro marijuana advocates, anyone want to hazard a guess as to what criminal enterprise this turd, his mom, and those affiliated with the barber shop were taking part in??? Bueller? Anyone? I mean, marijuana is such a non-violent, peaceful drug, right? Pfft. I don't know about other places around the country but right now high grade marijuana is more profitable than cocaine or heroin. Lots of shootings for $$$ lately, and it's only May 1st...
                        Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

I'm glad that the vests did their job, that could have ended up so much worse. I hope the dirtbag doesn't make it.

Comment

Originally posted by SinePari View Post
                            Springfield, MA = warzone

First off, his mom was shot last week so the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Apparently he found out who was responsible and went after them in their barber shop. Second, there was a New England-wide BOLO for him as he was an escapee from a minimum security prison. Third, the troopers and officers were canvassing his known addresses in and around Springfield and saw him get into the trunk...not a random traffic stop.

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/h...11&status=true

Side note: for all of those pro marijuana advocates, anyone want to hazard a guess as to what criminal enterprise this turd, his mom, and those affiliated with the barber shop were taking part in??? Bueller? Anyone? I mean, marijuana is such a non-violent, peaceful drug, right? Pfft. I don't know about other places around the country but right now high grade marijuana is more profitable than cocaine or heroin. Lots of shootings for $$$ lately, and it's only May 1st...
                            Ahh so it's a family business thing. Definitely a turd that needs to be flushed, the both of them.
                            GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5922 users online. 339 members and 5583 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X