300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a Police Officer?

Read this on another police forum and thouth it would be appropriate to post it here.

"Sure Police Officers make mistakes in life, we all do. They are human. But the truth is less then 1 half of 1 percent of Police Officers ever disgrace the uniform, that is a better average then among clergymen.

What is a policeman made of? He of all men is at one the most needed and the most unwanted... a strangely nameless creature who is "sir" to his face... and "pig" to his back.

He must be such a diplomat that he can settle differences between individuals... so that each will think he won... But if the policeman is nice, he's a flirt. If he's not, he's a grouch.

In an instant he must make decisions which require months for a lawyer. But if he hurries, he's careless. If he's deliberate, he's lazy. He must be first to an accident... infallible with a diagnosis... he must be able to start breathing, stop bleeding, tie splints and above all be sure the victim goes home without a limp, or expect to be sued.

The Police Officer must be able to whip two men his size and half his age....without damaging his uniform and without being brutal. If you hit him, he's a coward. If he hits you, he's a bully.

A policeman must know everything and not tell. He must know where all the sin is and not partake.

The policeman must, from a single human hair, be able to describe the crime, the weapon and the criminal.. and tell you where the criminal is hiding. But if he catches the criminal he's lucky... if he doesn't he's a dunce. If he gets promoted he has political pull. If he doesn't he's a dullard.

The policeman must chase bum leads to a dead end and stake out ten nights to tag one witness who saw it happen, but refused to remember.

He runs files and writes reports until his eyes ache to build a case against some felon who will get dealed out by a shameless shamus or an honorable who isn't.

A policeman must be a minister... social worker... a diplomat... a tough guy... and a gentleman.

And of course he will have to be a genius... for he will have to feed a family on a policeman's salary."

-Author Unknown
    GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

The author is Paul Harvey. The version you posted is a little different from the original, but it's a phenomenal commentary! Definitely one of my favorites.

R.I.P. #2083, You will never be forgotten.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Matt. 5:9

Inmates seem really into counting the number of officers it took to take them down. If only their love of math had blossomed earlier.

Comment

Thanks guys, I wanted something nice to send to my cousin in a note for his birthday tomorrow...this is it!
      Originally posted by JasperST
      "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
      It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

Paul Harvey one is good, but I've always liked this a lot better....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW0RAiVuBL8

Comment

^^^ +100. Another one of my favorites.
          R.I.P. #2083, You will never be forgotten.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Matt. 5:9

Inmates seem really into counting the number of officers it took to take them down. If only their love of math had blossomed earlier.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3215 users online. 166 members and 3049 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X