Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toddler Found In Marijuana Growing House

http://www.kcci.com/news/27721951/detail.html

NEWTON, Iowa -- A Prairie City family was arrested during a drug raid Wednesday night by the Mid-Iowa Narcotics Enforcement Task Force, reported the Newton Daily News.

Authorities said they found a 2-year-old child living in the marijuana manufacturing house at 300 S. Marshall St. at 10:11 p.m.

Harmon Wesley Wright Jr., 63, Harmon Wesley Wright III, 24, and Jenna Wright, 22, were arrested and charged in the case, reported the Newton Daily News.

Investigators said they found three marijuana plants growing with proper light and air filtration systems in an unlocked basement. Also discovered during the search were two baggies of marijuana, one on a dining room table the other in Wright Jr.’s coat pocket.

The 2-year-old child was removed from the home by authorities reported the Newton Daily News.

All people arrested are facing multiple drug charges including three counts each of no drug tax stamp, manufacturing of marijuana, possession of methamphetamine and marijuana, and possession of drug paraphernalia. Jenna Wright and Wright III face an additional charge of neglect and abandonment of a minor.

Wednesday night’s raid marks the fourth search warrant executed by the MINE Task Force in Jasper County in the last month.

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/27721951/de...#ixzz1KwuqUOJZ
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

An equally dangerous plant to grow or be around:

The only danger posed is of a legal variety, not a physical one (unless someone chose to rob you for it, which would still only occur due to the substance being illegal).

An unsecured liquor bottle is significantly more dangerous.

Taking that into account, you're still an idiot to have an illegal substance around your 2 year old, irregardless of whether the law is just or based upon sound fact and reason.

Now the meth? That is outright despicable. If it was being manufactured in the home with the child, that is beyond cruel.
    Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 04-29-2011, 04:35 PM.

Comment

So was the 2 year old charged. I would thought he was the mastermind of the whole operation.
      Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiu-Jitsu Cop View Post
        So was the 2 year old charged. I would thought he was the mastermind of the whole operation.
        Probably the smartest one in the household.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          Probably the smartest one in the household.
          Beat me to it.
          I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

They had my sympathy until the meth part came up.

There's meth and meth heads in there and it gets reported as a "Toddler found in marijuana growing house"?

I would have thought the meth would have been a bigger issue than 3 plants.

Comment

Legalize pot in Iowa and the next thing you know that kinda thinking will lead to men getting married?

Comment

post deleted
                Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
                  Legalize pot in Iowa and the next thing you know that kinda thinking will lead to men getting married?
                  Worse. According to Congressional testimony from Harry J Anslinger, Commissioner of the Treasury Department's Federal Bureau of Narcotics; "This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations
                  with Negroes, entertainers and any others."

Never mind the Meth. Keep that devil's weed off the streets!

Comment

All people arrested are facing multiple drug charges including three counts each of no drug tax stamp, manufacturing of marijuana, possession of methamphetamine and marijuana, and possession of drug paraphernalia. Jenna Wright and Wright III face an additional charge of neglect and abandonment of a minor.

No tax stamp....!!! LOL
                    "You can't handcuff me, I'm a college graduate!"
                    (Smurfette)

Comment

Originally posted by ARSONCOP View Post
                      No tax stamp....!!! LOL

Yep. Iowa has a drug tax stamp law.
                      http://coolice.legis.state.ia.us/coo...=83&input=453B

453B.7 TAX IMPOSED -- RATE OF TAX.
                      An excise tax is imposed on dealers at the following rates:
                      1. On each gram of processed marijuana, or each portion of a
                      gram, five dollars.
                      2. On each gram or portion of a gram of any taxable substance
                      sold by weight other than marijuana, two hundred fifty dollars.
                      3. On each unprocessed marijuana plant, seven hundred fifty
                      dollars.
                      4. On each ten dosage units of any taxable substance, other than
                      unprocessed marijuana plants, that is not sold by weight, or portion
                      thereof, four hundred dollars.

453B.8 PRICE OF STAMPS, LABELS, OR OTHER INDICIA.
                      Stamps, labels, or other official indicia to be affixed to a
                      taxable substance indicating the payment of the excise tax shall be
                      obtained and purchased from the department. The dealer shall pay the
                      entire excise tax listed in section 453B.7 at the time of purchase,
                      except as provided in section 453B.13, and receive stamps, labels, or
                      other official indicia for the amount paid. However, the minimum
                      purchase price to be paid for any stamps, labels, or indicia shall be
                      two hundred fifteen dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by KCCI.com
                        ...marijuana manufacturing house...three marijuana plants...
                        LOL. Gotta love the media, can't report anything without putting a spin on it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5696 users online. 363 members and 5333 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X