300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY inmate separates guards fighting over food

BUFFALO, N.Y. – Talk about a role-reversal: Two New York jail guards are in trouble after an inmate stepped in to break up their fight over food.

Erie County Undersheriff Mark Wipperman says both corrections officers are suspended with pay after what he calls an "embarrassment."

The inmate required medical attention but Wipperman says privacy laws prevent him from disclosing his injuries. He says the inmate got between the unarmed guards because he didn't want either to get fired.

He wouldn't confirm a Buffalo News report that the April 21 bout started over a bag of chips. It happened at Erie County Correctional Facility in a dorm-like building.

Wipperman identified the officers as Lawrence Mule, a 26-year veteran, and James Conlin, who was hired 29 years ago. A message with the officers' union wasn't immediately returned.
    Life is what you make of it

I expected to read that it was between two hotheaded young rookies, not 25+ year vets. I'm sure their commander was absolutely thrilled when he saw the tape.

Comment

I expected to read that it was between two hotheaded young rookies, not 25+ year vets. I'm sure their commander was absolutely thrilled when he saw the tape.
      +1
      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Now that is just sad. Thugs fight over food, I just don't understand two COs doing this.
        It's not that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

TSA, I would rather be felt up than blown up.

Comment

I've always said this when people fight over something stupid there's usually an underlying issue between them and this was just the boiling point.

Comment

I don't think I have ever eaten anything in a prison that I would fight over.
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by JD_TO View Post
              I've always said this when people fight over something stupid there's usually an underlying issue between them and this was just the boiling point.
              +1

Unless they were salt and vinegar chips, I see no point in fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
                Where I work, some of the old vets have grudges against each other for crap that happened 10+ years prior.
                What is Perseverance?
                -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                  Where I work, some of the old vets have grudges against each other for crap that happened 10+ years prior.
                  Oh yea.....................know that .
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Sad, very sad....

Comment

prob federal DOC? lol....i know the COs down here are just like the inmates, but on the other side
                      dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

apologies ahead of time to the good CO's on this board but honestly, where I am from, there ain't much difference between county CO's and inmates.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5075 users online. 241 members and 4834 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X