300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value your freedom of speech...

Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 04-29-2011, 09:48 AM.

Originally posted by IndianaGuy
    Great Britain is a lost cause, no freedom of speech, no freedom to defend yourself, if you have a gun, you are automatically a criminal. If GB were to just fall off the map, who would really give 2 SH***?

IndianaGuy
    Personally, I think it's nice to still have at least 1 ally in the world. Not to mention they are a power in the global economy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokie13 View Post
      Personally, I think it's nice to still have at least 1 ally in the world. Not to mention they are a power in the global economy.
      They won't be an ally for long with the way things are going with them. We think our government is bad and trampling on our rights, their constitution offers very little in the way of civil rights. While trial by jury of one's peers, a right to appeal sentencing, and prohibition of cruel and unusual punishment are guaranteed, there is, if I am not mistaken, no guaranteed freedom of speech, absolutely no right to bear arms and/or to protect one's self, and no right to freedom of religion. Most of these things (minus the right to bear arms) have been allowed in practice, but any one of them could be outlawed at any time.
      "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
      -Chris Rock

Comment

^^^
        That's scary, especially with the narrowing interpretation of what "freedom" is. Nowadays it seems to mean, "The government tells you what to do and then you're 'free' to do it."

The problem here in the U.S. is that regulations and laws are put into the hands of agencies, which are immune from judicial review. Now, no agency can just step up and say, "from this day forward, we will arrest anyone who says something we don't like, and there's nothing you can do about it, because we are immune from judicial review." HOWEVER, in a legalistic society such as ours, where the spirit and intent of the law means absolutely nothing and the letter of the law is absolutely everything, all it takes to make something new illegal is to redefine something that already is illegal to include whatever else you want to outlaw. If I am the head of the DEA and I want to outlaw sweat socks, all I have to do is redefine marijuana as "a drug that comes from the cannabis plant, or a sock made for sports" and voila, sweat socks are now a Schedule I drug and a felony to own because they are now considered marijuana. That's a lot of power, and there's very little even in the Constitution that can protect from it.
        Last edited by GangGreen712; 04-29-2011, 01:16 PM.
        "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
        -Chris Rock

Comment

Brits seem pretty happy for the most part. Much happier and less paranoid and cynical than Americans, less crime, better educated, not hated by the world, a hot future queen.

Has anyone here even been to Britain?
          Last edited by Dellde; 04-29-2011, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokie13 View Post
            Not to get too far off-topic, but the Aussies have proven themselves MUCH more reliable of an ally than the Brits ever have.
            Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
            Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

Originally posted by Murf425 View Post
              Not to get too far off-topic, but the Aussies have proven themselves MUCH more reliable of an ally than the Brits ever have.
              And I would agree. I was being a little over dramatic by saying "1 ally"

Comment

Originally posted by Dellde View Post
                Brits seem pretty happy for the most part. Much happier and less paranoid and cynical than Americans, less crime, better educated, not hated by the world, a hot future queen.

First, not cynical? The Brits invented cynicism!

Americans are paranoid because we're paying attention. Also, better educated doesn't mean "smarter."

Not to knock the Brits; they have a good culture, friendly people, and terrible food, but I would trade their lower crime society for our greater guarantees of individual freedom any day.
                -Chris Rock

Comment

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
                  First, not cynical? The Brits invented cynicism!

Americans are paranoid because we're paying attention. Also, better educated doesn't mean "smarter."

Not to knock the Brits; they have a good culture, friendly people, and terrible food, but I would trade their lower crime society for our greater guarantees of individual freedom any day.
                  Very well said, GangGreen. Plus it's overcast too fricken much there.

Comment

...less crime...
                    That's because they had the common sense and foresight to ban samurai swords and only sell non-pointy kitchen knives. I sure wish our leaders were brilliant enough to think of that.

...better educated...
                    You obviously weren't a part of the "What is the answer to this basic Algebra question?" discussion that went on a while ago on another board I frequent. The UK members...well...didn't prove themselves to be very smart.

Yep. It was kinda cool for a few days...then I was sick of the weather and the ugly women.
                    Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
                    Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

Plus whats up with the warm beer? If ya'll want hot women their long time rival Germany is the place to be although you still can't bear arms there I think but they do have to autobahn for the gear heads who aren't into guns.
                      Life is what you make of it

Comment

Wow this is completely ridiculous? How is Kung-Fu fighting racist? It's a freakin martial arts style!

Comment

Great Britain is a lost cause, no freedom of speech, no freedom to defend yourself, if you have a gun, you are automatically a criminal. If GB were to just fall off the map, who would really give 2 SH***?

IndianaGuy
                          Uh... Someone needs to get back on their meds...

Back on topic, wow, I'm not sure what is the problem with the song! I'd be on death row for my Asian driver jokes!
                          Last edited by S&WGUY!; 04-29-2011, 04:47 PM. Reason: Emoticon fail

Comment

Brits seem pretty happy for the most part. Much happier and less paranoid and cynical than Americans, less crime, better educated, not hated by the world, a hot future queen...
                            +1

Comment

If GB were to just fall off the map, who would really give 2 SH***?

IndianaGuy
                              All of the housewives who keep up with the royal Family.

Woah! We're still hated by the rest of the world? Obama has been slacking off on his c**k sucking tour of the world leaders.

Originally posted by MD11pilot View Post
                              Plus whats up with the warm beer? If ya'll want hot women their long time rival Germany is the place to be although you still can't bear arms there I think but they do have to autobahn for the gear heads who aren't into guns.
                              As someone of German descent, I approve this message. I'd also like to turn your eyes a little north to the Sweedish women, and then back south to the Swiss women. And in Switzerland, you can own guns
                              I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2760 users online. 155 members and 2605 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X